Pop the Champagne

whitedawg22

That was a headscratcher myself. Only way a 16-0 team could play 20 games is if they get the wildcard...and barring any rule changes due to expansion in the future (and I mean the future as in flying cars and hovercrafts future), that's impossible.

That was a headscratcher myself. Only way a 16-0 team could play 20 games is if they get the wildcard...and barring any rule changes due to expansion in the future (and I mean the future as in flying cars and hovercrafts future), that's impossible.

Actually they wouldn't have to be a wild card, just be seeded 3 or lower because only the top two teams get byes.

Actually they wouldn't have to be a wild card, just be seeded 3 or lower because only the top two teams get byes.

I haven't checked into this, but I'm pretty sure that scheduling would not allow for three teams in one conference to go 16-0 in the same season. Meaning that at one point thwo of the undefeated teams would have to meet up with each other.

I haven't checked into this, but I'm pretty sure that scheduling would not allow for three teams in one conference to go 16-0 in the same season. Meaning that at one point thwo of the undefeated teams would have to meet up with each other.

Correct, under the current scheduling format No 3 teams in the same conference can go undefeated.

Although the talk about whether or not the Colts would go 16-0 ended a little earlier than previous years. I knew they weren't going to do it. Although I didn't know it would be this week. At one level I was hoping they would go 15-0 going into the Dolphin game. That would have guaranteed a 'Fin win. Oh well. They're still gonna win that game. Just 6 more victories to reach the playoffs! ;)

Archived