Penguins letters

Chazberg

I was wondering if anyone on here who is a Pens fan might know if and when they're ever gonna name another team captain? I dunno why they haven't so far with Lemieux having retired last year. The main reason I'm wondering is cuz I dunno whether I should get an A put on my Crosby jersey or wait and get the (inevitable) C....

I'd wait...there is NO gaurentee he will get it... I mean... they could use their head and give it to a player who actually has experience or proves they are an actual leader.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm in kind of the same spot with my Minnesota Wild Marain Gaborik 3rd jersey.

He's worn the "A", but someday might wear the "C". I've actually bought the "A" already but am waiting to have it sewn on. If the story about dumping third jerseys next year comes to pass, then he won't wear the "C" on that one ever, and I'll go ahead and add the "A".

For now, I suggest you hold off on the "A" for the Crosby. Especially if they wear a special patch a few years down the road for their 40th Anniversary Season or hosting the All-Star game in their new arena and he's Captain by then. Then you can have a jersey that is a bit more decked out and relates to a specific year.

If it's a black jersey and IF you can find a "NHL Cares/Katrina" patch, you could put that on and have the jersey he wore in his first ever home game, but he wasn't wearing the "A" quite that quickly.

Crosbykatrina.jpg

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Get what it is now. I have the Lemiuex (alt at the time) of the Vegas gold/black jersey when he came back. I got it without the "C" to "date" the jersey and he might not have ever taken the "C" so I didn't want to have it on there. Crosby might not get the "C" until they switch to the new lamo uniforms and you don't want an inaccurate jersey. I've heard of no plans to give it out anytime soon. I could see Recchi getting it for a year or two. Post a message on PittsburghPenguins.com cause there are some puckheads that know better than me. I can't give it my 100% attention cause it's still football season. :D

KISSwall09.jpg

That's what I'm thinking, that he prolly won't wear the C until they're in the evil new uniforms, so I'll prolly just go ahead and get the A. Thanks for the help dudes.

I'm in kind of the same spot with my Minnesota Wild Marain Gaborik 3rd jersey.

He's worn the "A", but someday might wear the "C". I've actually bought the "A" already but am waiting to have it sewn on. If the story about dumping third jerseys next year comes to pass, then he won't wear the "C" on that one ever, and I'll go ahead and add the "A".

For now, I suggest you hold off on the "A" for the Crosby. Especially if they wear a special patch a few years down the road for their 40th Anniversary Season or hosting the All-Star game in their new arena and he's Captain by then. Then you can have a jersey that is a bit more decked out and relates to a specific year.

If it's a black jersey and IF you can find a "NHL Cares/Katrina" patch, you could put that on and have the jersey he wore in his first ever home game, but he wasn't wearing the "A" quite that quickly.

Crosbykatrina.jpg

JeffB

wow, I actually did find a Katrina patch on eBay, and while it would be really unique and cool, at 30 bones plus shipping I think I'll have to pass for now... :hockeysmiley:

wow, I actually did find a Katrina patch on eBay, and while it would be really unique and cool, at 30 bones plus shipping I think I'll have to pass for now... :hockeysmiley:

I managed to scare up one of the Katrina patches and put it on my Lemieux jersey. Now it's a "final season" jersey since that's the only patch he wore on that style.

I'm surprized you were able to find one so quick, but yea, that's about what I paid. They're scarce.

Oooh! 1400 posts. Yea for me.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The pens are starting to grind my gears, i mean why didn't they name a captain? your telling me theirs no leader on that team other then Crosby? give it to Reechi, Ekman, or even LeClair, it would give them a little more motavation nowing their the leader of the team!

untitled-6.jpg

The pens are starting to grind my gears, i mean why didn't they name a captain? your telling me theirs no leader on that team other then Crosby? give it to Reechi, Ekman, or even LeClair, it would give them a little more motavation nowing their the leader of the team!

Maybe they don't like to toss around stuff like the team captain. Many teams will hold off naming a team captain for a year or so after a all-time great player who was captain retires. The Devils and Rangers went last year with out a captain after Stevens and Messier retired.

The Pens reported before the start of the season that no captain would be named for this season out of respect for Lemieux. They will name a captain for next season and more than likely it will be Crosby since it will be third year in the pros and he is the best player on the team.

The Pens reported before the start of the season that no captain would be named for this season out of respect for Lemieux. They will name a captain for next season and more than likely it will be Crosby since it will be third year in the pros and he is the best player on the team.

The Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL did the samething after Ken Gernander retired. He was the only captain for about 10 years, so out of respect they waited until the season was about half over to name a captain.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

The Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL did the samething after Ken Gernander retired. He was the only captain for about 10 years, so out of respect they waited until the season was about half over to name a captain.

I gather that you're a Rangers fan, so I'm a little surprised you didn't mention how the Rangers did the same thing with Messier last season.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived