Rory Fitzpatrick to the NHL All-Star Game

OMMF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm giving my write-in votes to Chris Kunitz. Leads a crazy-good Ducks team in goals, second on the team in +/-, played on my softball team this past summer. Done and done.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is kinda like when Howard Stern got all his listeners to vote for "Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf" as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive! :shocked:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Updated Western Conference Results. Rory is in 5th place.

Defensemen

Scott Niedermayer ; Anaheim 329,657

Nicklas Lidstrom ; Detroit 317,373

Chris Pronger Anaheim 219,372

Dion Phaneuf ; Calgary 208,945

*Rory Fitzpatrick ; Vancouver 144,819

Sergei Zubov ; Dallas 110,562

Mattias Ohlund ; Vancouver 110,146

Scott Hannan ; San Jose 108,757

Mathieu Schneider ; Detroit 88,449

Rob Blake ; Los Angeles 83,814

Robyn Regehr ; Calgary 77,205

John-Michael Liles ; Colorado 71,360

Lubomir Visnovsky ; Los Angeles 57,928

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28468...mp;service=page

Remember when voting cycle your vote for the other defensemen through the players on the ballot that are behind Rory.

6 defencemen make the all star game right? so that means Rory would actaully make it. Im not voitng for the guy though he hasnt played in 6 weeks and dosnt deserve to be a all star. though i would be cool.

No the votes is only for the startes. The coaches pick the rest of the team.

I voted 50 times in the last hour.

Use Firefox and make your selection of Rory and anyone else, except put Schneider as the other defenceman.

Then when you see the Messier ad, just press back and refresh, your picks will stay, you just have to redo the hidden message. Way faster.

Cmon guys! We can do it! He?s in 5th right now, and can easily be in 3rd by the end of this week, then 2nd by the end of the voting!

Vote for Rory, we can do it!

Untitled-3-1.png

Use Firefox and make your selection of Rory and anyone else, except put Schneider as the other defenceman.

Then when you see the Messier ad, just press back and refresh, your picks will stay, you just have to redo the hidden message. Way faster.

Cmon guys! We can do it! He?s in 5th right now, and can easily be in 3rd by the end of this week, then 2nd by the end of the voting!

Did Messier show up again? Because if he didn't I don't think your votes counted. I can't get my picks to stay when I press back.

Did Messier show up again? Because if he didn't I don't think your votes counted. I can't get my picks to stay when I press back.

Yes, his ugly face shows up again. Wlso when voting look at the the vote totals before hand. Don't vote for anyone above him.

• 2 weeks later...

Giving this a bump because Versus just announced that Rory Fitzpatrick is now in the top 2 in voting for Western Conference Defensemen. That means as of now Rory is one of your starting defensemen in the All-Star game. Still a bit to go though until voting is over.

Giving this a bump because Versus just announced that Rory Fitzpatrick is now in the top 2 in voting for Western Conference Defensemen. That means as of now Rory is one of your starting defensemen in the All-Star game. Still a bit to go though until voting is over.

Nice! It's working!

Sweet...

The question is...will he accept the invitation if he stays in the top 2...

A lot of media around Vancouver are speculating that he will say thanks to the fans, but pass it up because he obviously doesn't "deserve" to go...

but ...in an interview, he said he would take a player poll, and if a large majority of the players vote for him to go, he would, but I'm sure some western conference defencemen may not quite like this idea, since Rory could be taking up their spot in the STARTING line-up, which is a pretty big deal..

but ...in an interview, he said he would take a player poll, and if a large majority of the players vote for him to go, he would, but I'm sure some western conference defencemen may not quite like this idea, since Rory could be taking up their spot in the STARTING line-up, which is a pretty big deal..

Yeah, 'cause everyone remembers who played the first 45 seconds of the All-Star Game.

Sweet...

The question is...will he accept the invitation if he stays in the top 2...

A lot of media around Vancouver are speculating that he will say thanks to the fans, but pass it up because he obviously doesn't "deserve" to go...

i don't understand this why not play? i understand the whole 'not deserving to be there' scenerio but it would be a way to make a name for yourself being a scrub at the ASG. c'mon he knows he wants to go and this is the closest he'll ever come to ever getting to the ASG. plus i'd like to see a little egg on the face of the NHL and there voting system which everyone is thoroughly exploiting.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived