Delta Center to become EnergySolutions Arena

Ry

Wow, horribly bad.

Delta Center sounded cool - it was corporate but didn't sound too corporate.

Now, I was a really big fan of their old arena's name, The Salt Palace. That rocked.

Gone are the days when arenas had cool names, like the Summitt, the Mecca, and the Salt Palace.

Now, we get ENERGYSOLUTIONS arena! WOW!

Perhaps the stupidest name for a sports venue in history.....and that's with some startling competition.

While its close, I'm going to go with Jobing.com Arena. I wasnt a big fan of just calling it Glendale Arena, but its a hell of alot better than jobing.com.

SEAsig.png

Gayest. Name. Ever.

What makes it gay exactly?

We just can't have Capital Letters co-habitatin' together....it's not natural!! Capital's belong with Lower-case! Don't you support family values???

That was pure genius, Pat. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read it.

Perhaps the stupidest name for a sports venue in history.....and that's with some startling competition.

No, that title still belongs to the University of Phoenix Stadium. This is definitely in the top 5 though. I've always like the name "Delta Center." Ever since I watched the Bulls/Jazz back-to-back NBA finals in the 90's. It's a shame to see it go.

Archived