Future College Bowl sites

TBGKon

Just as a conversation starter, but where would you all like to see a college bowl game. Obviously in my mind it would be a replacement bowl, and not a brand new one to add to the plethora of ones already in place.

My ideas would be:

Indianapolis (Hoosier Bowl) - New Colts Stadium (Lucas Oil Stadium?)

Louisville (Bluegrass Bowl) - Papa John's Stadium

Columbia, SC (Palmetto Bowl) - Williams Brice Stadium

Baton Rouge (Bayou Bowl) - Tiger Stadium

Does anyone out there have any other logical ideas?

I am really not sure since most destination areas have bowl games and those which do not may not have a proper facility. If they are on Toronto, when why not Mexico City or the DC/Baltimore area? Foxborough, MA is not necessarily a hotbed of college football, so that plus weather is an issue, likewise for Metro DC.

I could see Indianapolis, possible Louisville, but not the other two cities. Columbia is too close to Charlotte and I am not sure that either they or Baton Rouge have enough hotel rooms. I know each airports are relatively small. I am not sure how many non-regional jets fly into each of those cities.

New York used to have a bowl...the Gotham Bowl.

And there was the Garden State bowl in New Jersey (created just to get Rutgers in a bowl game in the 70s)

Living in Alabama it always baffled me that Mobile had a bowl and now Birmingham (again) has one.

Montgomery might be next. They need something to fill in the place of the Blue-Grey game.

How about Pensacola Florida? or even more California bowls? like in Sac-town.

I'm all for some bowl up north but like said before, weather is an issue. People want to go where they can vacation to.

I would love for their to be a game up North in the elements. Buffalo, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Green Bay, Minneapois when U of M gets their new outdoor stadium or even Seattle. But it wont happen because of the weather. I think Denver, Chicago, NYC or Boston would be the best to host a game. The only one that may actually happen is NYC because who would not want to go to THE City.

saBS.png

Call me a scrooge, but there needs to be a decrease in bowl games. I don't get very excited to watch bowl games featuring the 6th, 7th, or even 8th place finishers of the BCS conferences.

OK you're a scrooge. :D I love "Bowl Week" on ESPN. I think it's great that the average players on average teams that win only 6 or 7 games get to finish their football careers with a bowl game. I say the more the merrier. Some of the most entertaining games of the year are played in the "lesser" bowls. Sure the games don't "mean" anything but they're not supposed to.

That's my take.

BB52Big.jpg

Montgomery has Cramton Bowl. It's right in Downtown and is actually bigger than Ladd-Peebles in Mobile which hosts both the GMAC and Senior Bowl.

Wrong. The Bowl holds over 24,000 people, while Ladd holds over 40,000. Besides, the Bowl will need further improvements to make it suitable for a bowl game. However, there can be a scenario where Montgomery can get a bowl and while the Bowl is being renovated, the game could be held at Troy, which only about an hour south of Montgomery. I'm not saying this as a homer, but I'm just saying.

Archived