Revolutionary Football Uniforms

LimeGuy

How about the Chicago Bears? It can be said that they were the first to start the non-block numbers on the jerseys when everyone else had them. (I'm not gonna research it, but I know they've not had block numbers in a long time.)

Today, the Falcons, Broncos, Eagles, Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Rams, Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Bears all use non-block numerals.

I see the helmet becoming much like a motorcycle helmet with a inbedded mic and perhaps a HUD on the shield. I think the only thing that is preventing that from happing now aside from tradition is providing large amounts of fresh air.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Chrome helmets... hmmm... interesting.

Gradients is a good idea, a fade from the top of the uniform to the shoes or just to the bottom of the pants, though?

Flames and lightning bolts wrapping all around the jerseys and pants is something I have been tinkering with... I'm glad I'm not the only one to think of them.

This has sparked a whole slew of ideas for me. Thanks for participating, everyone! But hey, don't let that stop you. Keep these ideas coming. I am using what I can and tossing out what won't work.

P.S. - The football colored uniforms with white, lace-like striping I am sure would be made illegal... but it sure would be funny.

Thinking of the Bengals specifically, again... the uniform using orange as the primary color and putting black tiger stripes all over the jersey (with white numbers?) would be something revolutionary in my mind.

This is a Hull City soccer shirt from the early 90s. Hopefully if the Bengals ever do consider all over tiger striping they will look at this and think again!

http://www.khdl19192.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/...mages/kits6.jpg

More examples here http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Hull_City/Hull_City.htm

Archived