1970 NFL Posters

BlueSky

Skyaa1, I still have my Saints poster tucked away somewhere...If memory serves me correctly, my grandmother bought mine at Maison Blanche...

Holy crow...someone who knows of Maison Blanche!?! Sadly, another New Orleans institution that's gone into history (like K&B!).

If you find it and want to sell it, please let me know. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

There's another one for the Saints in a similar style but it's vertical and has a running back wearing #38 and a single-bar facemask. The helmet has a different fleur-de-lis so it's likely from the mid-60's before the uni design was finalized. I can't even find a pic of that one though they have one on the ceiling at the Distant Replays store here in Atlanta. I may take my camera next time I go down there to get a pic. It's not this goofy thing, it's in a similar style to the ones in my first post.

Yup, had that one, too. Also, the more surreal Saints poster referenced (with the horn player in the guy's stomach) earlier...which I loved as a kid and do today.

The NFL would never market such lovely posters today. They're too abstract, too much negative space, no snarls.... leaves too much to the imagination.

Too bad.

Wow...this reminds me of a bobblehead doll my mom had from the first season ('67), and passed it down to me. It was the old style ones with the big eyes and smiling face, and he was wearing #0 on the front and back. And NOT ONLY do I remember Maison Blanche....but Schwegmann's...Katz and Bestoff's (K&B's)....two stores that made their own vodka and whiskey. Doesn't beat that ANYWHERE....:-D Oh, don't forget Krauss on the corner of Canal Street and North Rampart....R.I.P.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Wow...those are awesome!

I'd definitely like to hunt down a Niners one...and maybe a few others.

I don't know what to search for on Ebay...does anyone know if they're expensive?

Here's the only one I could find on eBay, and it's pretty expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-NFL-1968-...VQQcmdZViewItem

To find it on eBay, just type this into the search field - vintage (insert team here) poster - that's how I found the Saints, Broncos & 49ers posters.

Wow...this reminds me of a bobblehead doll my mom had from the first season ('67), and passed it down to me. It was the old style ones with the big eyes and smiling face, and he was wearing #0 on the front and back. And NOT ONLY do I remember Maison Blanche....but Schwegmann's...Katz and Bestoff's (K&B's)....two stores that made their own vodka and whiskey. Doesn't beat that ANYWHERE....:-D Oh, don't forget Krauss on the corner of Canal Street and North Rampart....R.I.P.

We had Maison Blanche at the mall in Lafayette (even before that, it was Godchaux's!), as well as K&B. Schwegmann's on the other hand tried to get into the market in Lafayette by buying Canal/Canal Villerie/the REAL Superstore (For those wondering, think Super Wal-Mart in the early 1980s where the supermarket half sold high-end groceries) with the pesky carts where you would unlock them from the queue for $0.25, and could only get it back by putting the cart back in a queue. Easy money was made by running down lonely carts in the parking lot!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

We had Maison Blanche at the mall in Lafayette (even before that, it was Godchaux's!), as well as K&B. Schwegmann's on the other hand tried to get into the market in Lafayette by buying Canal/Canal Villerie/the REAL Superstore (For those wondering, think Super Wal-Mart in the early 1980s where the supermarket half sold high-end groceries) with the pesky carts where you would unlock them from the queue for $0.25, and could only get it back by putting the cart back in a queue. Easy money was made by running down lonely carts in the parking lot!

We're making this a Louisiana Lovefest....Don't forget that the Schwegmann's on Elysian Fields and Westbank Expressway had a freaking BAR in them.. My grandpa got loaded while grandma shopped on Saturday afternoon...Back to topic...Skyaa1, if I find that poster and it's in good shape, I'll GIVE it to you...No telling where it is..Probably around my FAITH , HOPE and BUM stickers or my NO MORA EXCUSES shirt...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

We're making this a Louisiana Lovefest....Don't forget that the Schwegmann's on Elysian Fields and Westbank Expressway had a freaking BAR in them.. My grandpa got loaded while grandma shopped on Saturday afternoon...Back to topic...Skyaa1, if I find that poster and it's in good shape, I'll GIVE it to you...No telling where it is..Probably around my FAITH , HOPE and BUM stickers or my NO MORA EXCUSES shirt...

That stuff's next to your "Cha-Ching!" and "Dome Patrol" Paraphernalia?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What memories...I had, and have, one of those bobbleheads. Had as in back in the day when I was a kid, and it got lost/crushed/given away/whatever at some point. Have as in found an authentic one on eBay and it's now on what my wife calls my "Saints shrine" along with some other stuff like a Saints helmet and one of those Saints popcorn containers from Tulane Stadium. When the popcorn was gone, the bottom was perforated so you could tear it out and use the container as a megaphone. Found that on eBay too.

I remember going to the fun arcade on Veterans next to Dorignac's grocery store. They had one of those football games where each player had a trackball and the "players" were X's and O's.

Know what else I saw on eBay several years ago? Back to Tulane Stadium again...remember the Dixie Beer vendors had those backpack-style dispensers that kind of looked like they belonged on an astronaut or a Ghostbuster? There was a cup dispenser on one side and a hose and nozzle on the other. I'm not a beer drinker and they wanted like $500 for the thing but boy did it bring back memories of Kilmer, Abramowicz, Stonebreaker...and Buddy Diliberto talking about playing "Atlanter."

Can't decide what sounds better right now, a po-boy or a snoball. :D

Skyaa1, if I find that poster and it's in good shape, I'll GIVE it to you...No telling where it is..Probably around my FAITH , HOPE and BUM stickers or my NO MORA EXCUSES shirt...

That would be awesome, I'll gladly pay for shipping. Thanks!

Have to love their slogan this year: "Winning is an attitude." So THAT'S been the problem since 1967?? :D

Archived