1970 NFL Posters

BlueSky

• 1 month later...

There's another one for the Saints in a similar style but it's vertical and has a running back wearing #38 and a single-bar facemask. The helmet has a different fleur-de-lis so it's likely from the mid-60's before the uni design was finalized. I can't even find a pic of that one though they have one on the ceiling at the Distant Replays store here in Atlanta. I may take my camera next time I go down there to get a pic. It's not this goofy thing, it's in a similar style to the ones in my first post.

OK, why am I quoting myself? Because I found that poster! That's the good news. The bad news is that the opening bid is $100 and I don't want it that bad. :cry:

Note the single black helmet stripe and different fleur-de-lis design, and oddly for back then, the face mask almost looks white:

efa1_1.JPG

He has some other teams listed and the posters are pretty cool. Now did the Steelers really wear pants like this or did the guy just borrow a pair from the Saints? :P

05da_1.JPG

The Redskins has the "spear" helmet and is the only one to feature defense:

a82c_1.JPG

For the Dogpound crew:

8858_1.JPG

To see them all, seach eBay using keywords "Dave Boss" and "c1966" (Boss was the artist who painted the originals, circa 1966).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Here's the poster I used to have in my room when I was a kid. It came packaged in with a Vikings sweatshirt.

I actually got two of them at the time since I had an out of state relative send me the same thing that another local relative gave me as well. This would have been 1970 or 71.

Vikings70sPoster.png

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived