Oregon State vs. Oregon Today

TFoA

Oregon St. is the home team, and of course, they're wearing their all black look.

But of course, this is a game with Oregon, so you know they're going to do something wacky. Which is bust out the neon yellow look. That's right: Oregon St. is wearing black, Oregon is wearing yellow. Don't have pics yet, but yeah, it's kinda garish.

Oregon St. is the home team, and of course, they're wearing their all black look.

But of course, this is a game with Oregon, so you know they're going to do something wacky. Which is bust out the neon yellow look. That's right: Oregon St. is wearing black, Oregon is wearing yellow. Don't have pics yet, but yeah, it's kinda garish.

Quite possibly the ugliest football game ever played.

Aww, I was expecting yellow ghost-flamed helmets. That's kinda disappointing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't recall anything but green helmets this year. True?

Nothing but green helmets. Will they break in another combination while waiting for a bowl? I would not be surprised if that's the case, but I am shocked that they stuck with green all year.

I disagree. With the exception of the black sleeves on the green jerseys and the diamond hatching on Oregon's unis. I love the neon look. When I saw a in-game update of this game whilst watching the Husker game, I continued to love it. The neon look is solid and Oregon is really the only team that does it. It should be their trademark.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think the uniforms would be decent if they changed the number font to something feasable that didn't look like someone got on MS Word and did some wordart, fixed the wordmark on the unis, and they took the diamond plating off, and just left the design like it is, then yeah, it would look like a pretty good update from last year's unis, which I thought were unique in a good way. But not these. In the words of a great logo critic "It reminds me of sexual intercourse. Sorry."

In the words of a great logo critic "It reminds me of sexual intercourse. Sorry."

I would say it's closer to :censored: than sex.

As ugly as it is, this game is very interesting. The Ducks jersey is light enough that they can wear it against OSU's dark jersey. I'm both intrigued and disgusted, like a very bad car crash.

Didn't Oregon bust these out when they played Cal, who were sporting their questionable yellow alt? If I'm remembering correctly, I think that day gets my vote for ugliest combination of jerseys on the field at any one time.

Oregon wore white against Cal. Cal wore the yellow tops.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I must say, this game was a visual feast. First of all, I was there! When I walked thru the tunnel into the section where my seats were, the first thing I noticed was that the Ducks were in their electric banana suits. I then noticed my Beavs were in their all-black kits. It was truly a "what the..." moment, and I wished I could've posted the info on the board here.

As for watching the game, it really wasn't that hard to follow which team was which, as you can see in this pic...

cw2.gif

Speaking of pics, I have a few others in my Photobucket folder... http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/audi...p;addtype=local

In regards to the question about one of the teams being required to wear white, the following comes from the NCAA 2006 Football Rules and Interpretations, page 31:

ncaajerseyruleshilite.gif

So, unless the U of O got permission from OSU (which is possible) it sounds like the Ducks were in violation of NCAA rules.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived