Arenas Wants Wizards Change

lilgump

Thought this was insteresting as I was reading around on ESPN.com

Q: Rate those new gold uniforms.

A: I like them better than the blue [road uniforms]. But I really want to bring black the red, white and blue. I don't want the [old] Bullets name; I just want to go back to [the Bullets'] red, white and blue. I talked to [management] about it and they said it takes two years [to make that kind of uniform change]. Hopefully we will.

you can find it here

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?pa...mp;lid=tab2pos2

its below the first name article, the one on one section interview with Gilbert Arenas.

What does everyone think. I find 2 interesting points to this article.

1. He like the gold/black better than the blue.

and 2. He wants to go back to the redwhiteblue.

Thoughts? Do you think the ownership would really change colors just for one player?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current colors are fantastic, but I think a D.C. team is almost obligated to wear red, white and blue. They could switch back, and if another team decided to adopt the Wizards' current scheme down the road, I would have no issue with it. It's not like Washington has a long, illustrious history wearing the current scheme and are forever synonymous with it.

Whatever they do, they need to scrap their logos YESTERDAY. The primary and the DC logo are beyond awful, in my opinion.

By the way, I was watching the Pistons at Washington last night:

Has it been mentioned before that the Wizards' uniform trim is copper-ish, yet their floor features a yellow reminiscent of urine?

It actually IS urine. Just point and laugh at Brenda Haywood. She did it.

A color switchback requires a name switchback. Gold fits the Wizards. Red, white and blue fits the Bullets.

Let's just forget the last ten years even happened (logo/uniform/color wise).

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

The current colors are fantastic, but I think a D.C. team is almost obligated to wear red, white and blue.

Ummmmmm.....

p1_adu_1212.jpgcourtesy%20washington%20redskins.jpg

Ha. You forgot one:

washington-capitals.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I agree that a move back to the Bullets unis would be great. I understand the PC reasons for not being called the Bullets but why the Wizzards? Is there any specific reason for Wizzards in Washington DC.

I know I'll get raked over the coals by the traditionalists but I'd love to see them:

1. Use an updated Bullets look (similar to what the Sonics did)

2. Drop the nickname altogether and simply be Washington DC

3. Place the name DISTRICT on the jerseys accross the chest

I'm telling you, they'd be a top seller.

By the way, I was watching the Pistons at Washington last night:

Has it been mentioned before that the Wizards' uniform trim is copper-ish, yet their floor features a yellow reminiscent of urine?

It actually IS urine. Just point and laugh at Brenda Haywood. She did it.

A color switchback requires a name switchback. Gold fits the Wizards. Red, white and blue fits the Bullets.

Let's just forget the last ten years even happened (logo/uniform/color wise).

I think Bullets/Wizzle fans (all 7 of them) would like to forget every year since 1978 ever happened.

The most pertinent question is this: Who gives a rat's ass what Gilbert Arenas wants?

Are you kidding me?

Gilbert J. Arenas is an NBA superstar.

He is the most popular athlete in DC in years.

He is the perfect role model.

He is everything the Wizards organization and the city of Washington could have asked for...and a helluva LOT more.

He can do whatever the hell he wants.

So...do you want to listen to the 81-year-old owner who hasn't won in 28 years?

Or do you want to listen to the 24-year-old face of the franchise?

Advantage: Agent Zero.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Red/white/blue actually isn't all that overdone in the NBA. You have the Pistons, the Clippers, kind of the Nets, and barely the 76ers. The presidential seal colors are okay, and they do match their fellow tenants, but "Washington Bullets" in red/white/blue is where it's at. I never bought into that "the Bullets name glorifies crime in DC" nonsense, personally. Come on. No it doesn't. (I also heard that it was because Abe Pollin was friends with Yitzhak Rabin, who was shot and killed, but that explanation is harder to believe.)

They need to go back to both the red, white, and blue scheme, and the Bullets name.

Use a modernized version of this logo (obviously one of the biggest changes would be to replace "BALTIMORE" with "WASHINGTON").:

bullets63-69.gif

And bring back these uniforms (with an updated wordmark to match the updated logo):

00003887-089380.jpg00003886-089522.jpg

Archived