Cavaliers/Pacers

VandyDelphia Mike

full.getty-71797754rh0017_cavs_pacers_10_44_15_pm.jpg

full.getty-71797754rh006_cavs_pacers_10_31_55_pm.jpg

Why does it feel like the Pacers have worn every uniform in their history a second time? I suppose next year they throw back to the Flo-Jo set, and the year after the pinstripes?

For the Cavaliers, this means yet another LeBron James jersey to market during the holiday season ... is that cynical?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Why does it feel like the Pacers have worn every uniform in their history a second time? I suppose next year they throw back to the Flo-Jo set, and the year after the pinstripes?

For the Cavaliers, this means yet another LeBron James jersey to market during the holiday season ... is that cynical?

I've never seen this Pacers jersey before in my life, and I'm pretty knowledgeable about throwbacks. :wacko:

Also note that there is a logo in the Lebron pic that pspells "F". Normally the Pacers logo would be there. WHAT IS GOING ON.

bSLCtu2.png

Also note that there is a logo in the Lebron pic that pspells "F". Normally the Pacers logo would be there. WHAT IS GOING ON.

What in the world are you talking about? "PACERS" across the chest..."PACERS" down the side of the shorts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've never seen this Pacers jersey before in my life, and I'm pretty knowledgeable about throwbacks. :wacko:

The F in the background is for the indiana fever wnba team

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Probably a planned measure by their marketing department. This game was yesterday, right? Black Friday...

CO"INK"AD"INK"?

methinks not.

Either way, that is one sweet-looking jersey. If I had the green to pony up for that, I'd cop it in a NY second--since, you know, orange is one of my favorite colors. (~*INSERT COMPLETELY USELESS BUCCO BRUCE AND CREAMSICLE BUCS UNIFORM REFERENCE HERE*~)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Agreed. I love orange, and I'd buy that in a second.

With that being said, I'm gonna have to go to the Dec. 1st Hawks game, since the Hawks will be wearing the Pac-Man unis, and apparently Cleveland would wear these to match, then, for the first time in who knows how long, we will have a throwback night in which both teams actually match the era that the home team is throwing back to. Awesome!

Just when i thout the zoom lebron iv couldn't get any uglier...

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Oh, Lebron and his matching rubber bands around his wrists...

I think this is a good look for the Cavs. There aren't enough orange jerseys in pro sports these days; and most of the ones that are regularly used are very ugly. It would be better if the thing above the V had basketball piping, but that's just a small gripe.

Am I wrong or is that the original Pacers uni from ABA Year One?

You are correct. Those are the jerseys for the inaugaural season in 1967. They are using those as their throwbacks this year because it's their 40th anniversary as a franchise. I like them a lot and might have to go get one of those.

The Cavs will wear those jerseys again tonight vs the Sixers...

Schedule:

11/24 at Indiana

11/25 vs Philadelphia

12/1 at Atlanta

12/6 vs Toronto

2/22 vs Chicago

2/25 at Miami

3/3 vs Toronto

3/21 vs Dallas

4/5 vs Miami

4/14 vs Atlanta

Also, here's the logo on the shorts:

hardwood_logo_061121.jpg

LeBron said it best they look like Orange Sherbert

On the FSN Cleveland broadcast they said that Lebron like the 1980's orange throwbacks better than the 1970's yellow throwbacks. Since whatever Lebron says goes, expect these jerseys to stick around over the other ones.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Those are probably my favorite cavs jerseys.

Regarding the pacers. . . this is one of the rare instances where I like the shorts better than the jersey. The jersey is just plain, but if it is what they wore then, it is what they wore.

Celebrating an "era"? That is stupid. Maybe the nets will celebrate 1974 for no reason other than they like the unis that year. Win a championship cavs and celebrate that.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Regarding the pacers. . . this is one of the rare instances where I like the shorts better than the jersey. The jersey is just plain, but if it is what they wore then, it is what they wore.

Too bad the NBA store doesn't carry game-authentic shorts anymore. All you can find are the game-worns after seasons end.

I just hope Cleveland doesn't throw back to the blue and black jerseys with the orange lettering. God, those are fugly.

And is it my imagination, or are the Cleveland numbers inaccurate? They're thinner than they should be, and it looks like they've move the border a bit to give it that New York Rangers shadow.

Archived