Pitt's uniforums

TrueYankee26

I was wondering how long it would take for this topic to appear. In their small defense, at least they seem to match a bit more than all gold uniforms do. Anyway, they probably won't win, but more power to WNY's own Derek Kinder, Pitt's best WR...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Pitt looks ridiculous, but I love the Louisville look with white over black. I know some think it's unnecessary, but I enjoy it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Saw them in person, thought they were actually pretty cool. (Thats probably just because I'm a Pitt fan...if I liked WVU I might thinnk differently)

Anyone know if these will be special one time jerseys or if they'll wear them once a year or if they're permanent?

I think they are going to be a once a year deal since the 70's throwback uniforms from last year where supposed to be yearly but they got to many people calling for the old colors and script Pitt to be brought back so the admin didnt want a Chargers like situation and ditched them. I think the all gold is ok much better than the all blue of a few years ago but the pants and helmet really need some stripes because as been said before they looked like Oscar's.

Yes, I am from Pittsburgh, but I am not a huge Pitt fan. That being said, I don't think these are too bad. Maybe we are just becoming used to teams using the all gold unis? I have to agree with the above post, at least all three elements (helmet, jersey, pants) all seem to match.

This may be the best all-gold uniform I've seen.

That said...it's still a bit too much gold.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I was at the game working and I saw the uni's up close. The jersey's were darker than the pants in the daytime, but by night time the gold's seemed to match up. I was surprised at the alternate, but I miss the blue pants and all blue uni's. I actually thought white pants with a modern stripe or plain white pants with the logo would look better. But I am just happy they did something new/ different than going with the same old same old.

To me, it was just too much gold. These could really look sharp with blue pants. On the whole though, Pitt has some fantastic unis. Cleaning up the formerly jagged numbers, and getting rid of that panther-ish thing made for great improvements. I also liked how Louisville wore red socks, so that they matched up with the widening sock stripe at the bottom of the pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To me, it was just too much gold. These could really look sharp with blue pants. On the whole though, Pitt has some fantastic unis. Cleaning up the formerly jagged numbers, and getting rid of that panther-ish thing made for great improvements. I also liked how Louisville wore red socks, so that they matched up with the widening sock stripe at the bottom of the pants.

Yeah those gold tops over blue pants would be sweet, and getting rid of that Panther that looked like a mountain was good. I wish they used the script Pitt though.

Archived