Ben Wallace defying Bulls' team ban on headbands

Milo Meningocele

Uni related, and interesting to Pistons fans as it points to Big Ben having possible issues with yet another coach. He was always portrayed as a "lunchpail" type guy, but is he showing his true stripes as a malcontent?

espn.com

"Ask [skiles]," he said. "Coach makes the decisions. I just play."

Sound familiar, Detroit fans?

I'll say this...and this is coming from someone who used to have a ful head of hair...during games, or any activity, for that matter, for those who've never had a 'fro, you have no idea how much sweat can acumulate in all that hair. And with Ben and the way he likes to wear his blown-out, that sweatband DOES serve a legitimate function...to keep all that sweat that's accumulating in that hair off his face.

Because, you know, the guy sweats enough already as it is.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Right. Scott Skiles comes off like a complete jerk over this. I don't understand why he wants to show authority for the sake of showing authority.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jerry Sloan is the same. No wristbands, headbands, arm sleeves, stockings etc in Utah. Something about the team all looking uniform, rather than being individuals.

liverpool-1.png

I personally don't see the problem with headbands. As stated above, they serve a purpose. I would just make a rule that everyone's be one uniform color each night. Switch up the color from night to night, that's fine; but there shouldn't be three different headband or wristband colors on the floor in a single game.

I'm pretty sure Nate McMillan did this same ban in seattle and portland. i agree with everyone saying they are being used for a purpose, so you can't ban them. personally, i sweat a lot and need one to play, and i have a shaved head, so its not just a problem that comes with a fro. headbands could get out of hand tho, i remember seeing people, possibly rip hamilton being one of them, wearing 2 at the same time on the court. i think he had them crossing over eachother, one white, one black. it makes for a problem when guys do that, but i think wearing a headband to absorb sweat is legit.

Archived