Michael Vick Flipped Off The Fans.

TFoA

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh Jake Plummer....

jake2_e.jpg

In Plummers defense, Rod Smith, who was sitting next to him on the sidelines and is one of the League's class acts, said that had Jake not flipped the fan off, he would've done it for him.

Haha, I remember that.

It makes sense there, since if anyone in the NFL has a legit reason to flip off hometown fans, it's Jake Plummer... Everyone in Denver, and then some, knows why.

Personally I thought he was flipping off the Saints fans.

Personally, I think he was justified. The pricks buy out the entire stadium then scoff with remarks like: "I wonder why there's no Falcons fans here..hurr"

Wow, check out the picture. Those Saints-supporting troublemakers who forced Vick to shoot the bird are cleverly disguised as Falcons fans! And how can "the pricks buy out the entire stadium" when there's a waiting list for Falcons season tickets? Clearly Falcons fans aren't buying the tickets that are available, are they?

With that said, I've lived near Atlanta for Vick's entire tenure here and he's usually got a lot more class than this, so even as a Falcons-hating Saints fan, I understand why he was upset even while condemning what he did. The guy is getting zero support and the team is falling apart. Count on this much...Mora's gone at the end of the season. I ALMOST feel sorry for the team and their fans given the pre-season excitement around here. Almost...but not quite. :P

image_4924226.jpg

What was worse than Vick's "salute":

1. That POS cheap-shot artist DeAngelo Hall dragging down Devery Henderson 8 yards deep in the end zone using a tackle outlawed because it tends to injure people. He got smoked on that play and then managed to whiff on the Hail Mary, giving the Saints the TD that Vick said "took the life out of this team." What a pathetic loser.

2. Mora dropping to his knees with head bowed after Roddy White dropped that pass. Haven't found a pic yet but what an image for a head coach to project.

Let's straighten one thing out here. Falcons fans said they lost in New Orleans because of the 'dome-reopening excitement and emotion. Blaaaah blah blah. What all the "experts" called the "rebuilding" "lucky if they win 4 games" Saints are just better than Atlanta this year.

Edited to add: God, I love Joe Horn and his candor. From ESPN.com:

>>

The reputation of the Falcons' receivers as having poor hands, though, was acknowledged even in the New Orleans locker room. Saints cornerback Mike McKenzie laughed when asked if he had even seen so many dropped passes, then noted diplomatically: "Let's just say those guys, uh, had a tough day."

Ever-candid Saints wide receiver Joe Horn was more direct.

"This is a league," Horn said, "where if you don't do your job, they run your ass off. Those guys better wake up and smell the coffee and start catching the damned football. I can't blame [Vick] for, you know, being upset at them sometimes."

<<

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The sad thing is, he (Joe Horn) hit the nail right on the head. It is a sad day when the other team's players realize the glaring problems that it took your own team this long to finally realize.

With that being said, whoever pins this loss on Vick obviously didn't even watch the game. The main story, had Vick not flipped off those fans, would've been Allen Rossum Walkin It Out on Punt and Kickoff returns, D-Hall having the wisdom to go for an INT return for a TD at the end of the damn half, the O-Line resembling a filter, and the Saints D-Line resembling the water streaming out of the filter and, of course, the receiving corps, once again, playing like there's baby oil on their hands. But yet, like always, it is put on Vick. Like's he's the one supposed to be playing defense, taking kick returns, playing special teams coverage, blocking, and, once again, catching his own passes. Ridiculous.

But yeah, can't say Vick didn't bring it on himself. I understand why he didn't. He just shouldn't have.

Correct me if Im wrong....as I really dont know if this is a question or statement....Vick is not a "stay in the pocket Q.B".....I only watched part of the game yesterday and Vick (as usual) made some fantastic runs...Falcon recievers have routes to run...cant Vicks style disrupt these plays?...Ive seen in the past Vick scrambling around for quite a while behind the line of scrimmage and that must make his recievers job a nightmare (as well as the opposing defense)...as for flipping off fans...well I dont agree with it especially if it were the home fans he was giving the salute to... :blink:

Oh and by the way....over 150 yards rushing aint a bad effort....... :rolleyes:

Personally I thought he was flipping off the Saints fans.

Personally, I think he was justified. The pricks buy out the entire stadium then scoff with remarks like: "I wonder why there's no Falcons fans here..hurr"

Wow, check out the picture. Those Saints-supporting troublemakers who forced Vick to shoot the bird are cleverly disguised as Falcons fans! And how can "the pricks buy out the entire stadium" when there's a waiting list for Falcons season tickets? Clearly Falcons fans aren't buying the tickets that are available, are they?

With that said, I've lived near Atlanta for Vick's entire tenure here and he's usually got a lot more class than this, so even as a Falcons-hating Saints fan, I understand why he was upset even while condemning what he did. The guy is getting zero support and the team is falling apart. Count on this much...Mora's gone at the end of the season. I ALMOST feel sorry for the team and their fans given the pre-season excitement around here. Almost...but not quite. :P

image_4924226.jpg

What was worse than Vick's "salute":

1. That POS cheap-shot artist DeAngelo Hall dragging down Devery Henderson 8 yards deep in the end zone using a tackle outlawed because it tends to injure people. He got smoked on that play and then managed to whiff on the Hail Mary, giving the Saints the TD that Vick said "took the life out of this team." What a pathetic loser.

2. Mora dropping to his knees with head bowed after Roddy White dropped that pass. Haven't found a pic yet but what an image for a head coach to project.

Let's straighten one thing out here. Falcons fans said they lost in New Orleans because of the 'dome-reopening excitement and emotion. Blaaaah blah blah. What all the "experts" called the "rebuilding" "lucky if they win 4 games" Saints are just better than Atlanta this year.

Edited to add: God, I love Joe Horn and his candor. From ESPN.com:

>>

The reputation of the Falcons' receivers as having poor hands, though, was acknowledged even in the New Orleans locker room. Saints cornerback Mike McKenzie laughed when asked if he had even seen so many dropped passes, then noted diplomatically: "Let's just say those guys, uh, had a tough day."

Ever-candid Saints wide receiver Joe Horn was more direct.

"This is a league," Horn said, "where if you don't do your job, they run your ass off. Those guys better wake up and smell the coffee and start catching the damned football. I can't blame [Vick] for, you know, being upset at them sometimes."

<<

I dunno...I wouldn't classify that late Saints TD as "classy" either.

With that said...not wise to flip the (dirty) bird at your fans, even if they are wrongfully heckling you in a season that has fallen apart faster than the Rams'.

I'd also be making some sort of Seattle joke about the Atlanta WRs except that the Seahawks have mostly worked that out of their system over the last two years.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm glad you brought up the "late Saints TD." They had an 11-point lead and faced 3rd and 7 at their own 45 with 3:16 left. Let's say they run and then punt. Atlanta would have the ball with at least 2 minutes left. I've watched the NFL in general and the Saints in particular since 1969 and have seen enough leads blown to know that such comebacks are a long shot but definitely doable (*cough* Giants *cough).

So they threw long and ended up with 1st and goal at the 9 with 2:29 left. As anyone watching knew he would, Brees handed off to Deuce, the Falcons were mailing it in by that point, and he scores.

One reason the Montana/Young era 49ers were so successful was that they played the same whether they led 7-0 or 27-0. Had the Saints been up 31-13 already, they would have played differently, and I know this because they took a knee at Tampa up 31-13 in the closing minutes. With an 11-point lead, they weren't "running it up," they were playing to win. I'll take that every time.

Well, the few Falcon fans that were in attendance in that point (myself included) saw it running up the score. At first I figured that it was them getting revenge for all those years of torture...then I figured "Oh that's right. USC could rip our secondary." They saw a chance, and they went for a kill.

I would vow revenge next year, but with this team...you never know.

Well, the few Falcon fans that were in attendance in that point (myself included) saw it running up the score. At first I figured that it was them getting revenge for all those years of torture...then I figured "Oh that's right. USC could rip our secondary." They saw a chance, and they went for a kill.

We'll agree to disagree. To me it's simply finishing off your opponent instead of leaving them even the slightest chance of coming back. As for revenge...I seem to remember hearing stuff about how the Saints won in New Orleans on emotion and things would be different in Atlanta.

You're right on one count, I've waited for the Saints to score on a Hail Mary against Atlanta ever since Steve Bartkowski hit Alfred Jenkins in the Superdome in 1979... :D

In any case, we'll see how things work out next year.

Yeah, that was basically the "fans" who figured that the game back at the Superdome was rigged. This may sound like hindsight, but I think I was one of the the few people who actually thought "O sh-t. The Saints are for real this year." But, I still vowed revenge when they came to the Dome, like I always do when a division rival (especially them damn Panthers) beats us at their place. And still, boy was I wrong. But I didn't figure we would get embarrassed. I guess the boomerang from '79 finally hit at halftime of Sunday's game. :P

seriously, though...it looked like them Birds watched "Receiving 101 with Renaldo Nehemiah*" before the game. :censored:, if his wideouts made more effort to catch the damn ball, the Falcons wouldn't have gotten their asses handed to em. if I were mike tho, I woulda been tempted to bang my helmet on Roddy White's dome, or at least tried to choke his ass.

*special guest drops...er, apperances by Koren Robinson and James Jett

Oh jeez, there's a name from the archives, Renaldo Nehemiah. :D

Problem in Atlanta, square peg, round hole. Vick is NOT the QB that runs that kind of structured, precision offense. You want to have the guy play effectively, you let him run wild like the Eagles did with Randall Cunningham. Frankly, Vick looks disjointed as hell and it's painful to watch.

Either you stick with that offensive scheme and realize that Vick isn't the man to run it, or you dump the scheme and let him run wild. You can't have it both ways.

I realized it the second they drafted Reggie Bush, and got Drew Brees. The second that happened, the NFC South, IMO, based on last year, was now completely equal, and it was pretty much anybody's game, but everyone saw us and the Panthers as the favrorites, and everyone figured it'd be a rebuilding year for the Saints. Not so. So yeah, my days of taking the Saints as a joke are over (for now...unless they pull some sort of miraculous loss that makes me think that these are the same ol Aints.) :P

We'll agree to disagree. To me it's simply finishing off your opponent instead of leaving them even the slightest chance of coming back. As for revenge...I seem to remember hearing stuff about how the Saints won in New Orleans on emotion and things would be different in Atlanta.

You're right on one count, I've waited for the Saints to score on a Hail Mary against Atlanta ever since Steve Bartkowski hit Alfred Jenkins in the Superdome in 1979... :D

Yeah, I didn't think the Saints were running up the score, but the Falcons defense didn't quit. The Saints just flat-out beat the Falcons. I'm not sure if the Falcons could have won, even if they caught all the dropped passes.....

Are any Saints fans still bitter about that little 62-7 score back in the late 60's? B)

I forgot to mention this earlier, but ESPN reported earlier today that the NFL has fined Vick $10,000 for the incident and Vick has stated he will also donate another $10,000 to charity. Definitely a classy move, but I can't help but feel he is simply trying to save some face.

PopHeading-1.gif

Yeah, I didn't think the Saints were running up the score, but the Falcons defense didn't quit. The Saints just flat-out beat the Falcons. I'm not sure if the Falcons could have won, even if they caught all the dropped passes.....

Are any Saints fans still bitter about that little 62-7 score back in the late 60's? B)

Actually that was the first game of the 1973 season. The FIRST GAME for God's sake...and it was AT HOME! What does a coach say in the locker room after a team starts its season like THAT ?? And no, I'm not bitter about it any more. Much.

Whatever he said, it reeeeally worked...after all, they bounced back to hold the Cowboys to "just" 40 in a 40-3 loss the next week. :P

Going back to last week's game, did you guys see Mora kiss Vick's helmet in the tunnel before the game? It was a little...odd. He needs to quit kissing helmets and start kicking a**es.

Archived