Mike Shula fired from Alabama.

sacker12

He never should have gotten the job in the first place.

You are talking about Sylvester Croom for the reason Shula was fired after just 4 years it shows Croom was better off not getting the job then, as for now, maybe it will be the best move Bama could make. Though not if they don't plan on giving him more then 4 years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You are talking about Sylvester Croom for the reason Shula was fired after just 4 years it shows Croom was better off not getting the job then, as for now, maybe it will be the best move Bama could make. Though not if they don't plan on giving him more then 4 years.

No I'm not talking about Sylvester Croom. Why in the hell does everyone think they are inside my head all of a sudden. I didn't think Sylvester Croom was the right choice for Bama then or or now. Shula got the job because of his last name and his stellar playing career at Bama. Croom is another of Bama's favorite sons. Regardless of how great of a player Shula (or Croom for that matter) was, a school like Bama shouldn't really be giving their HC job to someone who has no previous head coaching experience. Look at their better coaches in their history...both the Bear and Gene Stallings had previous experience (both at Texas A&M, right?)

Someone's going to want this job. I hope they land someone who can actually coach this time.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

No I'm not talking about Sylvester Croom. Why in the hell does everyone think they are inside my head all of a sudden. I didn't think Sylvester Croom was the right choice for Bama then or or now. Shula got the job because of his last name and his stellar playing career at Bama. Croom is another of Bama's favorite sons. Regardless of how great of a player Shula (or Croom for that matter) was, a school like Bama shouldn't really be giving their HC job to someone who has no previous head coaching experience. Look at their better coaches in their history...both the Bear and Gene Stallings had previous experience (both at Texas A&M, right?)

Someone's going to want this job. I hope they land someone who can actually coach this time.

Good assessment. State is a place that can get away with giving an unexperienced coach a chance, however, it should have never happened at bama. the fans i know really blame all of it on their crazy AD. maybe this time they'll get it right...they haven't since gene stallings! as for croom, miss. state is one of the hardest places to win at. i will say this, he is instilling new attitude and cleaning up the mess left from the previous regime. i just hope this is a rutgers or wake forest story one day b/c croom is definitely a man deserving of that success.

SignatureCCSL.png

Archived