ALL of the Arizona Diamondbacks uniforms.

Eye

We all know the D'Backs started play in 1998. I know they had the jerseys that said DIAMOND then BACKS underneath, between the two D's. I also know they had a gray jersey that year that I believe stayed the same until 2000? They also had a plethora of caps in this period of time, one of which is even disputed to never have been worn. If memory serves, I was watching highlights of the Mets/D'Backs 1999 NLDS. I think it was Todd Pratt who hit the homerun to win the series over Steve Finley's head. I think the Diamondbacks were wearing black this game. In 2001, I'm pretty sure the Diamondbacks tweaked their look even more, getting a completely new road uniform, and of course there's the recent changes that have just happened for them. I ask this, (any pictures that could be provided would be great too) how many uniforms have the D'Backs had in their history? I'm talking about the whole set, caps, jerseys, pants, socks, belts. What changes have occured that are minor, and may not be as well known, change of number/name font, (which I'm pretty sure they didn't change until they showed the new set) jersey, pants piping, colors of the hat. Any help would be appreciated, I have always wondered how, and when the Diamondbacks tweaked their uniforms. They've only been playing since 1998, but it seems like they have so many different uniform combos.

-E.A.R.

I can probably do this, since I have every official Diamondbacks Style Guide sheet back to 1998 - including some unused graphics. However, as we all know - just because it's listed in a Style Guide, doesn't necessarily mean it ever made it on-field.

When I get some time (tonight I hope), I'll try putting together some info. I have the vector graphics for them back to 1999, but only printed sheets for 1998.

And no - I can't share the vectors...sorry.

I don't have pics so I'm just going to give descriptions, from memory.

Caps:

Home: Purple with "A" logo

Road: Black with "A" logo / teal bill

Alt 1: White with "A" Logo / purple bill

Alt 2: Teal with "A" Logo / purple bill

Uniforms:

Home: Sleeved with "Diamondbacks" wordmark

Home alt: Sleeveless with "A" logo

Road: sleeved Grey with "Arizona" wordmark"

Road alt: Black with "A" logo

Other Alt: Purple with "Arizona" word mark (teal lettering / numbers)

BP Top: Black with "A" Logo

Helmets:

Home: Purple with "D" logo

Road: Black with "A" Logo / purple bill

Change to Purple jersey: Replaced teal numbers with copper

Got rid of teal hat

Changed BP top to "Diamondbacks" wordmark

Changed road cap: Black with "D" Logo

Changed helmets:

Home: Purple with "A" logo

Road: Black with "D" logo

Added BP cap: black with snakehead logo / purple bill

Changed BP top to black with "D" logo

Changed home jersey to "A" logo

Changed road jersey to sleeveless with "Arizona" wordmark

Changed alt road jersey to "Arizona" wordmark

Eliminated purple jersey

Changed BP top to new material

changed BP cap to flex-fit. Also changed bill of BP cap to black

Eliminated snakehead patches on sleeves of undershirts worn with sleeveless jerseys (home and road)

No changes

no changes

I can probably do this, since I have every official Diamondbacks Style Guide sheet back to 1998 - including some unused graphics. However, as we all know - just because it's listed in a Style Guide, doesn't necessarily mean it ever made it on-field.

When I get some time (tonight I hope), I'll try putting together some info. I have the vector graphics for them back to 1999, but only printed sheets for 1998.

Well, I wasn't looking for vectors, just the information and maybe some pics of the Diamondbacks' uniforms. Any info would be great Pantone, and thank you ZoDogg for the descriptions. I did not know some of those combinations.

-E.A.R.

I wouldn't mind seeing those unused graphics if you can share, Donovan.

There is much debate about whether the teal/purple hats were ever worn. They certainly existed, but to my knowledge they were never worn in a game. There is also a Topps card of Omar Daal, I believe, that has some wierd coloring to it, causing even more confusion. I am sure someone can find a pic of this out there.

There is much debate about whether the teal/purple hats were ever worn. They certainly existed, but to my knowledge they were never worn in a game. There is also a Topps card of Omar Daal, I believe, that has some wierd coloring to it, causing even more confusion. I am sure someone can find a pic of this out there.

daalaz.jpg

If that's not purple-teal I don't know what is. May have been spring training, not sure.

daalaz.jpg

If that's not purple-teal I don't know what is. May have been spring training, not sure.

Oh lord, not this again.

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

This hat didn't exist.

This is a very bad, pixelated picture, where the BLACK looks PURPLE.

If they ever wore a hat like this, why would the ONLY EVIDENCE be a crappy, blurry picture?

Hell, for all we know, someone Photoshopped.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Diamondbacks NEVER EVER EVER wore a purple hat with a teal bill in a game.

Never. Ever. Ever.

daalaz.jpg

Oh lord, not this again.

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

This hat didn't exist.

This is a very bad, pixelated picture, where the BLACK looks PURPLE.

If they ever wore a hat like this, why would the ONLY EVIDENCE be a crappy, blurry picture?

Hell, for all we know, someone Photoshopped.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Diamondbacks NEVER EVER EVER wore a purple hat with a teal bill in a game.

Never. Ever. Ever.

All the black looks purple, except of course for the shoes and the facial hair which appear, well black.

I'm done debating if this hat existed but it is not black appearing as purple. It is most likely a photoshop job, not a bad photo, or possibly a prototype cap used for baseball card photos and nothing else.

Archived