Texas Rangers Concept

Eye

Texas Rangers... For this concept, I went back to the 80's/early 90's. The Rangers have a pretty good set as it is, but I think the old Rangers cursive wordmark is clen and awesome. Definitely worth bringing back IMO. I also incorporated red into these threads as you can see, but not too much because their division rival, the Angels uses red predominently.

Consistency is the key here: In all four uniforms, the outline of the numbers, names, wordmarks, piping and belts are all the same color, with the socks being the "opposite" color (blue socks, red outlines, piping, etc. Red socks, blue outlines, piping, etc.

The T logo on the chest is similar to what the Blue Jays did in 2003, putting the "T Bird" logo there, although I don't recall if those jerseys were ever actually worn or not.

No names on the alternate uniforms. Like I said I went back to the 80's/early 90's with these, and while I am not sure if the Rangers always had names on their jerseys or not, I felt that having no names would make the vests better.

That's all I got folks, C & C as always...

-E.A.R.

TexRangeSet.png

Terrific set. I'm still kicking myself for passing up a great deal on an authentic cursive Rangers jersey about 10 years ago! :D

One suggestion: change the away jersey to "Texas" but keep the the cursive style. I just don't like the nickname on an away jersey. For example, shouldn't OU's away set have "Oklahoma" on it instead of "Sooners" ?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Terrific set.

Agreed. It gives the Rangers' look a feel of uniformity, that IMO, they have never really found with any of the previous (or their current) sets.

I would tweak the alts though. Switch the colours on the home alt so it's a white vest with a red undershirt, and make the road alt solid blue.

One suggestion: change the away jersey to "Texas" but keep the the cursive style. I just don't like the nickname on an away jersey. For example, shouldn't OU's away set have "Oklahoma" on it instead of "Sooners" ?

they tried that about 10 years ago...and that idea is pretty much linked to when they sucked, so you aint gonna see that anytime soon.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived