Fake NFL Jerseys

sc49erfan15

Alright, I recently purchased a fake jersey on Ebay. The price was right ($53 shipped), and I had some extra cash, so I figured...what the heck, I'll go for it.

I paid for the jersey on November 23. Shipped from South Korea, it arrived today...a mere 5 days, I was impressed. This is what I recieved:

(Pics may take a while to load...I apologize in advance for my digital camera)

Housh1.png

Far away, looks pretty nice.

Housh2.jpg

Close-up of the size tag...looks legit.

Housh3.jpg

Close-up of the numbers...tackle twill, stitched on pretty well.

Housh4.jpg

NFL Equipment patch is a little shoddy.

(The rest of these are links, because I can't post more than 5 images.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/the...an15/Housh5.jpg

I've never seen this before. Tag says "NFL International" with a globe?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/the...an15/Housh6.jpg

Close-up of the tag.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/the...an15/Housh7.jpg

Blurry, but it's 100% Polyester, Made in Korea, size 48.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/the...an15/Housh8.jpg

I think the letters may look just a little off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/the...an15/Housh9.jpg

...aaand they are. There are slight differences in the placement of each letter, most notably the U, M, and first D.

However...all in all, for $53, I'm impressed. It's a fake, but it's a damn good fake...and that's basically the point of my post. When you're out shopping this holiday season for jerseys, make sure they're legit. I'll wear this one around and it's likely no one will ever notice, but if you're one that absolutely has to have the legit stuff, make sure you check it out.

Myself, though...I might splurge for a few more of these. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

You people amaze me... Someone steals a logo for a non-profit rec-league floor hockey team to raise money for a battered women's shelter, and there's a 100 page long thread about how wrong it is to steal logos, and how bad that person is. Now, we get a thread about how nice the quality of obviously fake NFL jerseys (made in sweat-shops by, no doubt, 5 year olds making a dollar a day), and the reaction is: Goodie for me! I can get cheep stuff! Who cares who gets hurt! You people sicken me. :mad:

How do we know it's not authentic? It just might be poor quality.

Poor quality doesn't mean it's automatically fake or counterfeit...just poor workmanship. Maybe that's why it's being sold overseas.

Every company has quality control issues. Some destroy the irregular merchandise, others sell them overseas at a discount.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You people amaze me... Someone steals a logo for a non-profit rec-league floor hockey team to raise money for a battered women's shelter, and there's a 100 page long thread about how wrong it is to steal logos, and how bad that person is. Now, we get a thread about how nice the quality of obviously fake NFL jerseys (made in sweat-shops by, no doubt, 5 year olds making a dollar a day), and the reaction is: Goodie for me! I can get cheep stuff! Who cares who gets hurt! You people sicken me. :mad:

So you see one person doing it, therefore you assume everyone on here does it?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

That's a bit much, huh?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Every company has quality control issues. Some destroy the irregular merchandise, others sell them overseas at a discount.

And that could be it. I have an authentic twins alt with some funny shine on the sleeve. Got it on ebay. Not something someone would want to pay over $100 for, but a good jersey. It never occured to me that it may be counterfeit. I think it's just their outlet for selling defects.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

How do we know it's not authentic? It just might be poor quality.

Poor quality doesn't mean it's automatically fake or counterfeit...just poor workmanship. Maybe that's why it's being sold overseas.

It is definitely counterfeit. The white should not go up so high. The stripes on the sleeves are wrong, they shouldn't touch the white anywhere. It doesn't look really bad, but it is fake. Personally, I will not buy fake jerseys. I hate when I see kids at shool wearing them, thinking they are sweet, and they look horrible. The numbers will have bubbles in between layers, and everything will be way off. This one isn't that bad, but I would rather wear a replica or EQT than a counterfeit authentic jersey.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I'm with you, 49erfan. I just picked up an "authentic" Kevin Jones jersey for $40. The guy I got it from has a lot of jerseys starting at $9.99. I checked several pictures to make sure it looked right, and after doing my research, i went ahead and got it. I'm pleased with it, mainly because I love the cuffs on the sleeves. I hate how replica football jerseys sleeves go down to my mid-forearm, so the cut of my K-Jones jersey is perfect.

Pics from the auction I won(credit to the seller, obviously):

CIMG2705.JPG

CIMG2706.JPG

CIMG2707.JPG

Here's K-Jones for reference:

full.getty-71465371bb018_atlanta_falco_6_22_12_pm.jpg

For as much as I paid, I can't complain about if something's slightly off. The only thing that I slightly questioned was the numbers (they seemed kinda skinny), but when it arrived, it looked great.

Even if you do buy an authentic Nike, Reebok, whatever jersey, who's to say some poor kid in a SE Asia sweatshop still isn't turning out your product? Just because you're fattening Nike's profit margin doesn't mean there's a philanthropic bent to it - but this is getting entirely off topic for a sports logo forum.

Chill out, dude.

Why do you think the sub-title of my post contained the word "exposé?"

I knew the jersey was fake when I bought it. I wanted, out of personal curiosity, to see exactly how close these counterfeiters are getting. Why do you think I picked one of the most elaborate/complicated jerseys, with a player who has a fourteen letter last name? I'm not a Bengals fan. Check my username.

The point of my post is that there are some damn good fakes out there, and to just pay a little bit more attention to what you buy on Ebay, especially during the holiday season when (dun dun DUNN...) people might be buying jerseys on Ebay.

And to your comment about sweatshops...where do you think most jerseys (screw just jerseys, most of the clothes you and I wear...forget clothes, many of the products you and I use everyday) are made, and by whom?

Edit: Beat me to it.

Even if you do buy an authentic Nike, Reebok, whatever jersey, who's to say some poor kid in a SE Asia sweatshop still isn't turning out your product? Just because you're fattening Nike's profit margin doesn't mean there's a philanthropic bent to it - but this is getting entirely off topic for a sports logo forum.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Dude, he bought a jersey; he didn't burn down an orphanage. Try to keep a sense of perspective.

I think several other posters on this thread have it right: This isn't a fake knockoff jersey, it's a factory second. Typically, when you see an eBay knockoff, several things tell you for certain it's a fake (incorrect number font, improper tagging and/or striping, etc.) This jersey just has small detail errors in production quality.

And yes, knockoff or not, that $200 jersey probably cost $1.37 to manufacture.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This jersey just has small detail errors in production quality.

And there you have it. If it looks almost exact, and the only errors you find are slight color shifts or not-quite-aligned lettering, it's probably a factory second. If it has blatantly wrong fonts, colors, striping, numbers, etc., it's a fake.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm with you, 49erfan. I just picked up an "authentic" Kevin Jones jersey for $40. The guy I got it from has a lot of jerseys starting at $9.99. I checked several pictures to make sure it looked right, and after doing my research, i went ahead and got it. I'm pleased with it, mainly because I love the cuffs on the sleeves. I hate how replica football jerseys sleeves go down to my mid-forearm, so the cut of my K-Jones jersey is perfect.

Pics from the auction I won(credit to the seller, obviously):

CIMG2705.JPG

CIMG2706.JPG

CIMG2707.JPG

Here's K-Jones for reference:

full.getty-71465371bb018_atlanta_falco_6_22_12_pm.jpg

For as much as I paid, I can't complain about if something's slightly off. The only thing that I slightly questioned was the numbers (they seemed kinda skinny), but when it arrived, it looked great.

Sorry to bust your bubble but the seller you bought it from focus26sports sells fake jerseys. Yours is a fake. Here is a site were you can find anything you ever want to know about jerseys. The people over there are all real nice. Next Level Talk By the way if you pay anything that cheap for an authentic jersey it is most likely fake.

Alright, I recently purchased a fake jersey on Ebay. The price was right ($53 shipped), and I had some extra cash, so I figured...what the heck, I'll go for it.

I paid for the jersey on November 23. Shipped from South Korea, it arrived today...a mere 5 days, I was impressed. This is what I recieved:

Housh1.png

Housh2.jpg

Housh3.jpg

Housh4.jpg

Close-up of the tag.

...aaand they are. There are slight differences in the placement of each letter, most notably the U, M, and first D.

However...all in all, for $53, I'm impressed. It's a fake, but it's a damn good fake...and that's basically the point of my post. When you're out shopping this holiday season for jerseys, make sure they're legit. I'll wear this one around and it's likely no one will ever notice, but if you're one that absolutely has to have the legit stuff, make sure you check it out.

Look closely at the NFL Equipment shield. I think equipment is spelled EQIUPMENT.

Sorry to bust your bubble but the seller you bought it from focus26sports sells fake jerseys. Yours is a fake. Here is a site were you can find anything you ever want to know about jerseys. The people over there are all real nice. Next Level Talk By the way if you pay anything that cheap for an authentic jersey it is most likely fake.

My bubble's not burst. It looks good enough to me that I could care less. It's not like it's ridiculously off. I'm pleased with what I got considering I saved a decent amount of money. Everything's there that would hint it is in fact authentic. There were some loose strings around the nameplate, but a snip of the scissors fixed that issue. I'm not saying that it's definitely authentic because clearly, and authentic jersey's not going to run $40. However, I'm not calling it fake, because it is near perfect in appearance.

Housh1.png

Housh2.jpg

Housh3.jpg

Housh4.jpg

Close-up of the tag.

Look closely at the NFL Equipment shield. I think equipment is spelled EQIUPMENT.

Another dead giveaway is the nameplate reading: HOUSHMANDAZ3716K$56^&!#@

Archived