Uconn Basketball Concept

scottysprings

UConn is moving away from using the red, so I don't think they would use it this much as an accent. The trend for all the teams on campus is moving towards mostly navy and white - with silver becoming a more preferred accent color. For the word mark, I think the "Connecticut" found on the throwbacks they wore last year is going to work it's way back onto the full time uniforms eventually. Maybe it's just because I thought those uniforms were amazing though.

All that being said, I think you did a nice job trying to build upon the elements that are identified with the UConn men's team. The side panels are certainly something that are distinct about UConn, not unique, but easily recognizeable. I also like the idea of a silver/grey alternate. With the trend leaning towards using silver/grey as an accent color (football, and the wordmark between the logos you have), I wouldn't be surprised to see the men's team break out an alternate in that color if they ever unveil one. I'm pretty sure the women's team already had a silver alternate in the last couple of years.

We are one!

Very nice concept. I really like your template and how it shows the side panel on the shorts. I actually like all the red, but it doesn't really fit UConn's style as of recently. I like the grey alternates alot. I would love to see them actually come out an alt in that color. They only thing I could see to improve upon is making the panels all one style. Try combining the two you have already and make the bottom trim on the white shorts navy. Then make the middle panels on the other two jerseys white (or red on the alts).

KUHawks.png

the UConn ladies did in fact wear silver in one game, but lost to either Tennessee or Dook, I forget which. In a move I woulda expected from USC or Dook, they blamed it on the jerseys, and the silvers have been on milk cartons under MISSING since then.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Instead of a grey alternate, you should give the Huskies a red alt.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived