Ravens Question

oldschoolvikings

Have the Ravens ever worn their black pants with their purple jerseys? And if so, is there a pic?

(I mean the new versions, not the pants they wore in their first year after their move.)

No, they haven't. Purple jersey/black pants was Year One (1996) only.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Here's a pic of the purple/black from the inaugural season:

BynerBalt.jpg

It's not HIDEOUS by today's standards, though I imagine it may have looked a little weird 10 years ago.

That uniform would still be hideous today, despite the presence of monstrosities like the Bengals and Bills. That thick white stripe on the pants made no sense at all, and that only lasted one year. They switched to white pants in '97 due to fan complaints, most of which were that the pants should not be darker than the jersey. Most Baltimorons liked the idea of black jersey with purple pants instead.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The '97 Ravens still wore black pants on the road, with either 2 white stripes or a white-purple-white stripe pattern. It looked a lot better, as did the thinner, drop-shadowed numbers. I would have loved to see the purple jerseys paired with that set of black pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The '97 Ravens still wore black pants on the road, with either 2 white stripes or a white-purple-white stripe pattern. It looked a lot better, as did the thinner, drop-shadowed numbers. I would have loved to see the purple jerseys paired with that set of black pants.

Correct. For the record, it was white-purple-white. It was definitely better than the '96 set, but I don't generally like dark pants (beyond gold, silver, gray) with white jerseys. I'll take the current look.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

BynerBalt.jpg

It's not HIDEOUS by today's standards, though I imagine it may have looked a little weird 10 years ago.

That uniform would still be hideous today, despite the presence of monstrosities like the Bengals and Bills. That thick white stripe on the pants made no sense at all, and that only lasted one year. They switched to white pants in '97 due to fan complaints, most of which were that the pants should not be darker than the jersey. Most Baltimorons liked the idea of black jersey with purple pants instead.

Mod Edit: Completely unnecessary.

bmoresig.png

'and they don't question what I say cause I'm a ladies Pimp"

BynerBalt.jpg

Not a fan of that COMBO, but I do like the jersey more than the current one. Better sleeve patch, and while I don't love the number font, I do prefer it to the current, drop-shadowed version.

Archived