Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolvikings

Ravens Question

Have the Ravens ever worn their black pants with their purple jerseys? And if so, is there a pic?

(I mean the new versions, not the pants they wore in their first year after their move.)

In the first year of the franchise (1996) they wore the purple/black set at home. Switched to white pants at home the next season.

Have the Ravens ever worn their black pants with their purple jerseys? And if so, is there a pic?

(I mean the new versions, not the pants they wore in their first year after their move.)

No, they haven't. Purple jersey/black pants was Year One (1996) only.

Ravens should be wearing all black at home. With their murderers and drug dealers, they've out-Raidered the Raiders.

Ravens should be wearing all black at home. With their murderers and drug dealers, they've out-Raidered the Raiders.

Name them.

Now show me the team in the NFL with no shady characters.

Here's a pic of the purple/black from the inaugural season:

BynerBalt.jpg

It's not HIDEOUS by today's standards, though I imagine it may have looked a little weird 10 years ago.

BynerBalt.jpg

It's not HIDEOUS by today's standards, though I imagine it may have looked a little weird 10 years ago.

That uniform would still be hideous today, despite the presence of monstrosities like the Bengals and Bills. That thick white stripe on the pants made no sense at all, and that only lasted one year. They switched to white pants in '97 due to fan complaints, most of which were that the pants should not be darker than the jersey. Most Baltimorons liked the idea of black jersey with purple pants instead.

Name them.

Now show me the team in the NFL with no shady characters.

The Grounds Crews

:P

The '97 Ravens still wore black pants on the road, with either 2 white stripes or a white-purple-white stripe pattern. It looked a lot better, as did the thinner, drop-shadowed numbers. I would have loved to see the purple jerseys paired with that set of black pants.

The '97 Ravens still wore black pants on the road, with either 2 white stripes or a white-purple-white stripe pattern. It looked a lot better, as did the thinner, drop-shadowed numbers. I would have loved to see the purple jerseys paired with that set of black pants.

Correct. For the record, it was white-purple-white. It was definitely better than the '96 set, but I don't generally like dark pants (beyond gold, silver, gray) with white jerseys. I'll take the current look.

BynerBalt.jpg

That uniform would still be hideous today, despite the presence of monstrosities like the Bengals and Bills. That thick white stripe on the pants made no sense at all, and that only lasted one year. They switched to white pants in '97 due to fan complaints, most of which were that the pants should not be darker than the jersey. Most Baltimorons liked the idea of black jersey with purple pants instead.

Mod Edit: Completely unnecessary.

BynerBalt.jpg

Not a fan of that COMBO, but I do like the jersey more than the current one. Better sleeve patch, and while I don't love the number font, I do prefer it to the current, drop-shadowed version.

Hideous colors, horrid number font, terrible logos.

You serious?

I agree with him about the hideous logo and number font, but the colors are stellar.

Wait you meant the NEW logo right? Because the OLD logo was awesome!