SI's BEST dressed list

BBM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are the Blackhawks? I know they suck as a team but they have the best logo and jersey in all of professional sports. This list is a joke when the Browns and Lions make it.

Where are the Blackhawks? I know they suck as a team but they have the best logo and jersey in all of professional sports. This list is a joke when the Browns and Lions make it.

I kind of like the Browns' a lot, actually.

IUe6Hvh.png

Redundant much?

In general, I like this list. I've never found the appeal of the Chiefs uniforms, actually...but I don't like red much(I'm a Red Wings, Angels, and St. Louis Cardinals fan, go figure). I'd probably lose the Lakers in there though...I liked the 80s/90s look much more. I'm not sure how I feel about my Detroit Lions on the list. I love their set, but the black alternate takes it down severely in my book. I am surprised the Blackhawks didn't make it though, considering they were voted to have the best jersey in hockey by the fans. Personally, I think Minnesota's got better uniforms.

Personally, I think the Browns are the best uniformed team in the NFL.

they put the wrong detroit teams on there. missing the tigers home unis on any best dressed list is absolutely ridiculous. and the pistons belong on there before the lions (present day, of course...i would have included the sans-black lions) and the red wings.

Meh. Suppose it to be any coincidence that virtually all the teams have a storied history? I'm not sure if I'd put the Lions in there. Do they even look like that anymore? Where's the black? Within the realm of football, there are many teams that look better than the Lions or Chiefs.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I'm indifferent to this list...

He's on the money with some of the classics like the Leafs, Sox, Yanks, Dodgers, but he's waaaay off on a few others. The CHIEFS? They're probably the most overdue team in the NFL for an updated look. The Lions? Knicks? Apparently we're the only people around who hate the unnecessary addition of black to a uni set.

Why do people around here hate the Lions update when they did the exact same thing the 49ers did? One of the few things that seems to accepted is that the Niners' update was excellent.

Why don't the Lions get the same respect?

He's on the money with some of the classics like the Leafs, Sox, Yanks, Dodgers, but he's waaaay off on a few others. The CHIEFS? They're probably the most overdue team in the NFL for an updated look. The Lions? Knicks? Apparently we're the only people around who hate the unnecessary addition of black to a uni set.

I agree. The Chiefs are meh -- fine in the home red jerseys, but ugly in white jerseys w/ either white or red pants. Really, men shouldn't wear shiny, bright red pants. And the gratutious black in the Lions and Knicks sets should disqualify them.

But the real flaw w/ this list is the omission of the single greatest uniform set in sports: the Chicago Bears' navy / orange / white combo. Classic and genius. Failure to include the Bears is a major mistake.

Why do people around here hate the Lions update when they did the exact same thing the 49ers did? One of the few things that seems to accepted is that the Niners' update was excellent.

I think it's because the Niners have had black in their color scheme before. I'm pretty sure the Lions haven't (but now I'm expecting a "Hey! In 1949 the Lions had black too!" :P ).

Personally, I'm like both Lions looks. I like the sans-black more, but I think they added the black in very tastefully.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The 49ers updated everything. They modernized the logo, they added drop shadows to their numbers, they changed their sleeve striping, and they altered the pants by making them shinier and updating the stripe. You can say they just added black, but it does a bit deeper than that. Everything was spruced up and brought into the 90's, cliche though that may be.

Contrast that with the Millen Lions, where the only addition was a black outline on everything. For no good reason, other than to look like the Raiders. Please. (By the way, was the blue lightened? I've heard it's the same shade, but to me, the Honolulu blue looks lighter.)

Count me in the group that thinks the Lions should definitely not be there. I'm also wondering where the college teams are.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is completely biased, but the Blackhawks did not make the list but the Knicks did. I'm sorry but the Knickerbocker's jerseys are nothing to talk about. And I am a little suprised that the White Sox didn't make it. They have a classic and updated look that I think is timeless.

Another note. The Browns don't wear that helmet. It was a throwback. Of all the pictures they could have used. IMO though, numbers wouldn't be half bad. It might get ignorant people to stop complaining.

Also the niners didnt add a black alternate just because they had added some black little striping to their uniform. I think that is one reason why people dont like Detroits update, they add a little black to their regular uni's, the bam, black jersey to go along.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

But the real flaw w/ this list is the omission of the single greatest uniform set in sports: the Chicago Bears' navy / orange / white combo. Classic and genius. Failure to include the Bears is a major mistake.

I'll grant you the greatness of the Bears' navy/navy/white combo, but the navy/orange/white combo isn't the best look the Bears have. The Dolphins white/orange/white combo is genius in my opinion and much better than the Bears' orange look.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived