NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

This just struck me, but if all teams are ditching their thirds next season, what was the point of the Sabres bringing back their classic for just one season? or are they planning on brining it back after they bring back the thirds? I know the Canucks are using their vintage for this season as a third but from what the rumours are, they are going back to the classic jersey for next season or something based on it.

$.

That, and the Sabres were trying to soften the initial blow of the Buffaslug by using a jersey and the logo the fans love.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This also just struck me, but if the Sabres did make the Cup finals, god forbid, where they gonna put the Cup finals badge that all teams get when they get there? there is the B logo on the shoulder, so it can't go there and those dumb numbers at the front where the badge would usually go. From what i saw on that Dallas uniform that is supposedly what it is going to look like, there are numbers on the home white on the front like the Sabres ones. It looks like Reebok is gonna do this to all teams and if that's the case what about All-Star patches, celebrations for the club, or the league wide ones the NHL does? (I am refering to the 75th year of the NHL in '92 and the 100th year of the Stanley cup in '93)

This also just struck me, but if the Sabres did make the Cup finals, god forbid, where they gonna put the Cup finals badge that all teams get when they get there? there is the B logo on the shoulder, so it can't go there and those dumb numbers at the front where the badge would usually go. From what i saw on that Dallas uniform that is supposedly what it is going to look like, there are numbers on the home white on the front like the Sabres ones. It looks like Reebok is gonna do this to all teams and if that's the case what about All-Star patches, celebrations for the club, or the league wide ones the NHL does? (I am refering to the 75th year of the NHL in '92 and the 100th year of the Stanley cup in '93)

That's a good question.

That's a good question.

How about right next to the numbers on the front. It'll be too busy but that's what they'll do anyway.

As I recall, in the 75th Anniversary season, the Rangers had to wear the patch next to the the captain C, on the right; logic dictates that it'd likely go there for the Sabres, if this happens.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Who would have thought pre-season that the Sabres would make the finals?

Who would have thought the Sabres would make the finals?

Nice - more needless Sabres bashing...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I'm not being cruel; who outside of Buffalo(or inside for that matter) predicted what we've seen so far? No one.

Maybe there was a little dig there, but it's all in fun.

Actually, most hockey "experts" I'm aware of predicted them to make it. TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, etc.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm not being cruel; who outside of Buffalo(or inside for that matter) predicted what we've seen so far? No one.

Maybe there was a little dig there, but it's all in fun.

Didn't they play in the Conference finals last year? That should have been a sign.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As far as the original question here is concerned - anyone here remember the Garth Brooks charity patches the entire league wore sometime in January? The Sabres had that patch above the number on the front of the jersey. Leads me to believe a setup like that might be used in the event of a SCF patch.

Archived