NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the replicas are gonna be crap! The NHL is gonna lose a lot of money. Not as many people will be willing to fork out huge money for the authentic and they will also lose a lot of replica sales.

HOLY CRAP! I think I may be hallucinating but I'm counting 3 sentences...that MUST be a new record.

I disagree, the cheaper the jerseys the more people will be able to afford them. Only snobs like us would fork out for the high end jerseys (I know I'm going to be buying a Leafs authentic the moment it becomes avaliable). If you read the article there will be 2 kinds of replicas and while they wont be to the same standard that they are right now they will still be of pretty decent quality for the better ones.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Speaking of goalies, I was watching tonight's Bruins-Canadiens game, and when Montreal was trying to pull Aebescher for a sixth man, the sixth player jumped off before Aebescher was at the bench, and you know what that goalie did? He plays the puck! Montreal gets a too many men penalty and they lose a good chance with half a minute to go.

Sweet but half-assed retribution from 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978-79_NHL_season

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i'm not forking over money for an authentic. i've always bought replicas mainly and will continue to do so.

will they still be making the old style replicas because i'm looking to buy either a Canadiens Red jersey or a Oilers 3rd though leaning towards a canadiens red jersey for no other reasons but that i like the jerseys. In either case i'm making sure i can still get a quality replica before they foist the Bowel Movement Wipes on us. once the good replicas are gone, i'll send my money elsewhere.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Okay, well by strong I meant loyal.

Size it up however you want, St. Louis is just a small-mid market. And lotsa people just spent a lot of money on a World Champion.

This is a great hockey market, and that hasn't changed.

But all those reasons Rams80 mentioned produced a huge drop in attendance. It has to be one of the worst combos of events that could ever hit a franchise.

The lockout pissed a lot of people off, and then all the other stuff. It was nasty.

St. Louis isn't just a bunch of bandwagonners who only support winners. But because of what happened, winning may be the only way to bring people back right now.

I'm betting any small-mid market team (at least in the US) would have had similar problems.

Unfortunatley some writers for other teams and thrown us in with the likes of Florida and who not lately.

I for one am among the people that were pissed off by the lockout. Before that the Blues and hockey were right up there at number 2 behind baseball and the Cardinals for me personally. The last week or two has been the first time since the 03-04 season that I have watched the Blues on a nightly basis because up until recently I had no interest in hockey. It was no fun to watch the Blues because I couldn't even name half the team anymore and I also didn't like the new game that was being played. I'm finally getting used to the new NHL but its taking a while. I'm a loyal fan and its really bothered me being out of touch with the Blues so I'm making an effort to get back to where I was before the lockout.

That said, I think most of the fans in St. Louis feel the same way I do.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I don't believe all the NHL clubs will just move their current jerseys over to the new template. Even if they want to it seems obvious the cut of the new jerseys will dictate how the jerseys will need to come together. I think it's also obvious that Buffalo's new uniforms, the NHL All Star jerseys, and NHL practice jerseys are all designed around the new template.

Obviously the league has reacted negatively to the first prototypes - which did include tucked in jerseys - and has changed course a bit, but I really doubt they'd be making such a big announcement if all they were doing was just changing materials. It doesn't make sense either why the NHL is scrapping 3rd jerseys league wide next year unless all teams are getting new unis.

As for slimmer fitting jerseys and new materials I'm 100% against it. Everything Reebok has touched looks horrid and they have no consideration for tradition or the integrity of the game. The last thing the NHL needs is a uniform that dictates smaller crest logos and ugly collars like that on the All Star uni. Has anyone not noticed how stupid NHL practice jerseys look with their small crests?

Anyone who thinks this will make the product better or safer is kidding themselves. There is no motivation for this other than making a cheap buck. If the league wanted to make the game better they'd make mouth guards mandatory and prevent the majority of concussions or enforce goaltending equipment that would actually allow players to see the net, but you don't hear any talk of that.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Here's an idea....why can't Reebok make jersey out of this new, more breathable material using the current jersey cut? Seems like the best of both worlds. You get the new material that breaths better and wisks aways sweat, but at the same time you get the current "baggy" cut that's been used for years. This also allows for more teams to keep their current designs, and seeing as the sleeves wouldn't reduce in size, you wouldn't have a need for numbers on the front of the jersey.

Here's an idea....why can't Reebok make jersey out of this new, more breathable material using the current jersey cut? Seems like the best of both worlds. You get the new material that breaths better and wisks aways sweat, but at the same time you get the current "baggy" cut that's been used for years. This also allows for more teams to keep their current designs, and seeing as the sleeves wouldn't reduce in size, you wouldn't have a need for numbers on the front of the jersey.

In order for sweat to be whisked away by the material, the material must be in contact with the sweat. In other words, if it's baggy, it can't do what it was created to do.

It's where I sit.

I guess this means that RBK/CCM will be the lone manufacturer of the "slimmed down" protective equipment (pants, shoulder, shin, elbow pads)? Other than gloves and helmets they've got the market cornered until the other companies can catch up.

In order for sweat to be whisked away by the material, the material must be in contact with the sweat. In other words, if it's baggy, it can't do what it was created to do.

So.......apparently the players won't be wearing pads anymore so that the new jerseys can come in direct contact with their skin and wisk moisture away.

Yeah I'm buying the performance benefits of the new uniforms..NOT!

DEATH TO REEBOK

So.......apparently the players won't be wearing pads anymore so that the new jerseys can come in direct contact with their skin and wisk moisture away.

Next thing you know, they'll be playing with nerf pucks.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Fabric that wicks away liquid doesn't care what it is. You can sweat through some pads. Other equipment gets wet and damp on the outside from hitting other players, or falling on the wet ice.

So a jersey can take the dampness away from skin and other materials, therefore doing its job.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

basically, from what i've read, the jerseys will be made of a more flexible light-weight material, ALLOWING jerseys to be smaller without losing range of motion.

so if a player wants to wear a tight jersey now, they lose range of motion.

with the new jerseys, it won't have to be baggy to give you a good range of motion... if you still like the baggy look, i doubt there will be rules against wearing a baggy jersey.

maybe for goalies... but i bet if modano wants to keep his jersey flowing behind him, i doubt they'll fine him.

One of the sweetest sites in hockey is seeing Modano fly down the ice and his jersey waving behind him.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Warning: Man Crush Above

:hockeysmiley:

As for any so-called performance advantage to the shiny new technology, I refer you to your Gold Medal Winning Team Sweden taking home the big prize from Torino 2006 in their damp, heavyweight, bulky and archaic dinosaur fabric jerseys. Take that Nike Swift! :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...

Archived