New Spokane Indians logo/uniforms

BigEd76

Article

The Spokane Indians Baseball Club, in conjunction with the Spokane Tribe of Indians, today unveiled new team logos and uniforms. This is believed to be the first time that a professional sports team has worked in conjunction with a local tribe to create a team identity.

The new primary logo has a nostalgic feel and features two eagle feathers, one of the most revered symbols in Spokane Tribal culture. An alternate logo was also unveiled with the words ?Spokane Indians Baseball Club? written in Salish, the Spokane Indian Tribal language.

The team?s new primary hat logo features an ?S? with an eagle feather accent. The design of the ?S? is similar to one used by the team on their hats in the 1960s and early 1970s.

The team?s logos and uniform were designed by Plan B Branding, a San Diego-based branding firm that specializes in minor league baseball.

There are no plans for the team to have an Indian-themed mascot. The team?s current mascot, the beloved OTTO the Spokanasauraus, one of the region?s most popular and well-known mascots, will continue to represent the Indians in the community and entertain fans at Avista Stadium.

New

884.jpeg.300.jpeg

capt.1f963a49a0d54766b52b70cd2e31547a.indians_logo_baseball_waas101.jpg

Old

t486_logo_lg.gif

NWLspokanetop.jpg

I like everything but the number font. It completely clashes with whatever motif they were going for....retro/classic, with non-italic Jays numbers? Outrageous.

My thoughts exactly. Would have been better if they stuck with the Tuscan font for the numbering.

VmWIn6B.png

Whoopdie freakin' doo. I think Plan B is spreading a lot of mediocrity around minor league baseball.

I understand the traditional/retro look, but their logos just don't hit me like Simon's, Bosack's or some

of those new South Coast League logos. I like the Golden Baseball League logos better.

Archived