UNC Alternate Logo Concept

beansdooma

Due to my scanner's lack of "being able to work", I was forced to re-draw this in paint. The hand-drawn looks a lot better, and it isn't as long.

unc.gif

The thing I'm having the most trouble with is the mouth. It needs to be that shape, but the teeth just don't look right.

See if you can catch the three things that ths logo relates to.

Again, this is only a basic overview of how the real thing will look.

200827174822.png

I'd say you're forcing things a bit too much. Everyone loves design elements like the ones you mentioned, but it's more important for the logo to flow. The logo is broken up quite a bit, to the point where I see your 3 elements and basically don't see a ram at all.

Another thing to consider, and I only add this because you mentioned this was an alternate logo, meaning it would be added to the current set: The Tarheels already have a defined Ram in their logo set... and it's be weird to include a complete different Ram. You may consider dropping the idea to make it look like a RAM and simply use a "NC" to form a stylized North Carolina shape. Something like using black to define the state shape while also forming the overall outline for a blue N with a white stroke and a white C with a blue stroke or vice-versa.

Just some thoughts...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Three things the logo relates to....

1- Logo is shaped like North Carolina

2- Ram is in the shape of NC

3- 'N' is the blue and the 'C' makes up the horns

I think those are it....

aren't 1 & 2 the same thing?

how about the eye being in the shape of a triangle, referring to the triangle of raleigh-durham-chapel hill and the research triangle park?

and this logo simply doesn't work...sorry...as kenny rock said, way too forced

jldesigns404eo.png

Three things the logo relates to....

1- Logo is shaped like North Carolina

2- Ram is in the shape of NC

3- 'N' is the blue and the 'C' makes up the horns

I think those are it....

aren't 1 & 2 the same thing?

how about the eye being in the shape of a triangle, referring to the triangle of raleigh-durham-chapel hill and the research triangle park?

and this logo simply doesn't work...sorry...as kenny rock said, way too forced

Yeah..#1 & 2 are pretty much the same thing- I was really tired at the time I posted...

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Archived