Selig to retire

jkrdevil

This made me happy to hear that Selig is out the door in three years. However that still means three more years with him at the helm. I still hate the idea of interleague play although I'm probably in the minority. Call me a purist but it takes away from the All-Star game and the World Series.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

The baseball fans in Montreal are counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds until

Bud "I don't want to see a third world series in a row with a Canadian team...let's have a baseball strike, since I am both owner of the Brewers AND interim de facto Baseball Comissioner" Selig is gone!!!

Montreal Expos Established May 1968 Disestablished February 2005 Reestablished 2010 MON AMOURS!!!! :flagcanada:

Nos Amours toujours...hopefully, they do come back, complete with name, logo, colors, the works (a la the Cleveland Browns)!

BTW...to put it one way, it seemed that back in '94, Bud was oh so jealous of Labatt!

All the steroid crap, the constant breaking of records which were deemed unbreakable, the stupid bull :censored: with the all-star game each and every year (and that one magical year). Hmm..anything else you'd like me to add?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

In his defense, he did bring about Interleague Play, the Wild Card, the World Baseball Classic, the 3rd generation steroid policy, revenue sharing, the luxury tax, and baseball back in Washington, DC (sorry Montreal)...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't think history will look that unfavorably upon Selig. He did help bring about the steroid testing policy, but he did sit on his hands in bringing it about. Baseball's problems aren't all the Commish's fault, the MLBPA is a very strong union and can block most anything. The Wild Card and WBC are definitely good things he brought to baseball. I'm not a fan of Interleague Play but those games do bring in the biggest crowds.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

The concrete doughnuts were replaced under Selig's watch, and even though some public-financing aspects of that are sketchy, ushering in all these beautiful baseball-only facilities is good for baseball. Attendance has been on the rise. Surely he gets credit for the baseball renaissance of sorts.

Archived