New Husky Stadium

lilgump

Article from the Seattle times

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/spor...syndication=rss

pictures:

2003455700.jpg

2003455701.jpg

2003455695.jpg

What do you think. Looks pretty nice, I like the idea of getting rid of the track so the fans can be closer.

link for blog in the article too.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/huskyfootball/

It doesnt look like it would add too many more seats, since you would take out the east endzone ones and add more on the west endzone. I wonder how that would effect the noise. If it would dampen the effect a little bit because it isnt semi closed up with bleachers.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Do you really want a big open space facing the water into a horseshoe shaped stadium which would work great for cupping the wind?

Since weather blows in from the west I'm not sure that's such a wise idea.

I could be wrong, but that's just what it looks like.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Do you really want a big open space facing the water into a horseshoe shaped stadium which would work great for cupping the wind?

Husky stadium has had the opening since it was made in 1920, and that opening is on the East end.. winds rarely have ever come in from that open end.. its never been a huge issue.

My family has had Season tickets for nearly 25 years, and I am glad to see these changes... Its a great update. I like that they took out the track bringing fans (including me) much closer to the action. Im excited to watch this process take place.

It doesnt look like it would add too many more seats, since you would take out the east endzone ones and add more on the west endzone. I wonder how that would effect the noise. If it would dampen the effect a little bit because it isnt semi closed up with bleachers.

Except that it adds a whole second deck to the west end. The east end zone bleachers are, what, 10 rows high? This will add a lot more room for Coug fans to sit in while watching their team win Apple Cups every other year.

HOK, the firm designing the upgrades, also just signed a deal to design the new Sonics arena, assuming it is built in the area.

The Seattle SuperSonics have hired Kansas City-based HOK Sports to design a new multipurpose arena that would seat as many as 20,000 fans.

HOK was retained just a few weeks after the Sonics' new owners, led by Oklahoma City businessman and Sonics chairman Clay Bennett, hired Icon Venue Group to develop and manage the project.

At a Wednesday press conference, Bennett said the Sonics organization has narrowed the future site of the arena to "a few sites outside of Seattle."

The Sonics hope to have a final site selected and a new arena design ready to show to the public by the end of the year.

That would be the same situation as at Heinz Field. It is only, from what I recall and others have said in this thread, basically what is there now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Outside of lowering the field, which should occur when you remove the track, and addition of suites/clubseats in an endzone, the traditional expansion move for colleges, I just see it as exterior work. It looks nice, but let's hope when done it goes better than this:

odyssey-HuskyCollapse.jpg

Archived