Reds unveil new unis

simpsontide

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a new set of gray uniforms for my team, we are the Reds. I am trying to come up with something that is

A. Not exactly like the current gray's

B. Does not involve black

C. no pinstripes

PM me if necessary, so this doesn't turn into a thread about my team's uni's.

I'm leaning towards an 80s shoulder stripe that also runs underneath from the armpit to the waste. Not crazy about V neck pullovers as a full time uni - but would love to have a set to wear occasionally. We currently have whites with red piping, so I would like to avoid that same style. Any ideas?

detlogosbanner.jpg

Sorry about the false alarm I sounded by reviving this old discussion. -_- I went back and forth on whether to start a new thread or not. I finally decided that it would work as an update to this one where the uniforms were first discussed, but I do understand why some would feel a new thread would have been appropriate.

And what is wrong with these home pinstripes they wore back in 1967. Why did they scrap them after only one season? Am I missing something?

johnnybench.jpg

I have no idea why they'd introduce a new uniform and then change again after only one season. It makes little sense. That being said, I think the pinstripes made it too busy. The uniform above wasn't bad by any means and the team has looked much worse in its history, but the 1968-71 sets without them were cleaner and crisper...the best they've ever looked.

Also the Reds had worn pinstripes through most of the 60's, but they were always in vest form. In 1967 when they switched to full sleeved pinstripes they looked way too much like the Phillies.

68-71 with white outlines on the road (but let's not start that argument again) was the best they've ever looked. If that's the uniform the Big Red Machine had played in and they'd never changed they'd be untouchable classics by now. But I've said that before.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Okay....so to just end all conversations, any variation of these four photos would be okay. Anything with black is NOT okay. The end.

BarryLarkin.jpgmlb_g_Larkin_b1_600.jpg

52989161_display_image.jpg?1325991387mlb_alltimepostseason_14.jpg

I just wanted to add another version of these because I love them:

tumblr_lxjrelCKUA1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The white C never looked right to me - in the '80s, or even before. Also, those pinstriped roads were horrendous - especially when they put the front number on the wrong side for some stupid reason. I swear there were seasons where some had it on the wrong side and some on the right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Okay....so to just end all conversations, any variation of these four photos would be okay. Anything with black is NOT okay. The end.

I feel like these are what they wore when I used to play Triple Play '97 all the time. No, the '90s graphic interfacing didn't actually make for good jersey details, but I'm certain the Barry Larkin card picture they had the white set there.

Yeah, besides the nostalgia, they are also a damned fine set.

spacer.png

I feel like these are what they wore when I used to play Triple Play '97 all the time. No, the '90s graphic interfacing didn't actually make for good jersey details, but I'm certain the Barry Larkin card picture they had the white set there.

Yeah, besides the nostalgia, they are also a damned fine set.

At the time, I hated that pinstriped hat... thought it was kind bush. But looking at these pictures, it seems pretty nice. A clever way to use just one color without being too conventional.

Archived