GFB's Cardinals of St. Louis Concept!

GFB

Most of my concepts have been taking teams back in their history, so I have decided to change things up a bit. This time I am taking the Cardinals forward to their next step.....

STL-Cardinals.png

For the logo, I tried to use the "Seahawk" method: keep the main points in tact, while creating a seamless design all the way through. Also, I decided to use the golden-yellow color as a more key part of the color design.

STL-Cardinals_uniforms.png

I decided to keep the uniforms cleaner, as they are right now. Minor changes include the "St. Louis" script on the road, a thicker outline on the hats, and on the red Alt. and BP jerseys, the script is white, avoiding the red on red like it is now. I also made a custom font for the numbers, styled after the Cardinals script....

C&C appreciated as always...

GFB

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it's a nice improvement - I like it a lot.

I don't see where the "seahawking" look, guess I was thinking along the lines of a cardinal head like the seahawk bird.

Still great job!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Absolutely awesome work. I think this is an awesome update and I applaud at how clean and finished the concept looks. Incredibly well done, I would slightly slightly make the yellow outline of the bird and bat logo a thinner. Other than that, unreal.

The Cardinals in the logos are just about perfect. It's the best idea to keep the exact same look and just modernise it. Improuvments: just get rid of the yellow outline and stick to a more simplified number font.

Overall, fantastic fantastic job. You should do the same thing with logos such as the the raiders, red sox, and the old sabres logo...

- yellow outline looks great, but maybe a tad thick.

- number font really attracts a lot of attention, and IMO takes away from the concept. I'm not suggesting block (though that would be fine,) but tone it down.

-The jerseys are screaming for sleeve trim. Otherwise they look like plain generic shirts with patches sewn on. The current uni's can get away with this, because there is white-space (or gray space) between the letters, so it looks like it is embroidered in, not just a patch.

-Road and BP cap are terriffic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Very nice, just a few points:

- Great use of yellow, just thin the outlines out a bit.

- Might wanna change the 'St. Louis' script to blue on the aways for visibility's sake.

- Numbers are cool, but rather hard to read. Might want to tone down the (I guess you could call them) serifs. Also, could we see the other 9 numerals?

Very good update. A+ (and I hate the Cards! :P )

Very good, but just like others have said, the numbers should be a bit more simplistic (but I see what you are going for with the font) and the outline is a little too thick, but I still like it.

This is a great job and a perfect update. A+

Very futureistic. I would tone down the yellow outlines abit or eliminate them all-together. I like it!

/agree

great job on tweaking an classic in a good way. I think i would agree about the yellow outline. Maybe a pt or two lower on bold size. It appears too thick but lowering the size a point or two you got it.

As a Modernization Concept, yeah this is great. Just a few things:

-Cards' set should never include yellow anywhere except the beak of the birds, and the bat.

-The numbers aren't legible enough. Maybe a different custom font, or keep the regular block.

-That alt, way too much unnecessary Nike piping....Majestic does the baseball jerseys. ^_^

-Outlines are too thick.

I do, however, like the update of the birds. You didn't go all futuristic on them. You just changed the facial features a bit and their stance. They look a little more "cartoon" realistic, for lack of a better term, but they're not "cartoony", if that makes any sense. They're sweet, I'll just put it that way. Do I want them too change from what they have not, not really. But a lot of your features would be a welcome update down the road if they ever decide to.

Archived