GFB's Cardinals of St. Louis Concept!

GFB

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! Thanks for all the C&C! I have heard your cries and will make some changes....

I'll take the yellow outline down a bit. Consider it done...

For the number font, I understand that it is a little too complicated, but I need some direction. What would you guys go with? Any ideas? I sort of want to stay away from the classic block numerals....

The piping is on the BP jersey, not the Alt....

I see that minor flaw in the tertiary mark and will take care of it

Keep the C&C coming.....

GFB

Hey all! Thanks for all the C&C! I have heard your cries and will make some changes....

I'll take the yellow outline down a bit. Consider it done...

For the number font, I understand that it is a little too complicated, but I need some direction. What would you guys go with? Any ideas? I sort of want to stay away from the classic block numerals....

The piping is on the BP jersey, not the Alt....

I see that minor flaw in the tertiary mark and will take care of it

Keep the C&C coming.....

GFB

Go with something like the old UCLA Football font, a little more simplistic, but not completely different.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The number font is very minor league, but it's a fun try at the cards. Well done.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 5 months later...

ZOMF - the man who invented warp drive is now a member here!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

for a concept, nice work, but here's some flaws, or some things that make it unbalanced. on the cardinals wordmark, show the knobb of the bat. and get the left bird off of the c and s, hence the term "birds on bat." i agree with the comment that the #s should be like the old ucla #s, but possibly somehow modernized, or with yellow dropshadow?

Excellent work. I really like how clean the presentation is.

Why did you bump a post from Sunday, December 3rd, 2006?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Excellent work. I really like how clean the presentation is.

Why did you bump a post from Sunday, December 3rd, 2006?

Someone on OOTP pointed me toward it and I felt the need to say something. Is this a bad thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette#Forum_etiquette

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Well :) I guess we both break rules, eh?

Signatures on forums should have a maximum height of 100 pixels, as to not cause clutter.

Yes ZC, but look around, if that were actually a rule on these threads, I think over 90% of us would be breaking it. Plus, Wikipedia is written by everyday Johnny Q. Public's like ourselves, not everything on there is said to be 100% accurate.

Signatures on forums should have a maximum height of 100 pixels, as to not cause clutter.

Yes ZC, but look around, if that were actually a rule on these threads, I think over 90% of us would be breaking it. Plus, Wikipedia is written by everyday Johnny Q. Public's like ourselves, not everything on there is said to be 100% accurate.

Heh, averyj pointed to wikipedia, not me ;)

I don't like all the yellow. On the BP jersey I don't mind it, but it's too damn overpowering on the other caps/jerseys and really cheapens the Cards' traditional look. Also, I'd just stick with a block font... the Cards are one of the few teams with the history to pull of a plain block today.

That said, I love this concept overall. You've managed to make the Cards' look one of the most contemporary in baseball without losing their tradition.

I love the yellow. It adds some energy to the entire identity. Really helps the white pop as well, whereas it presently just disappears on the jersey at present.

The colour balance is terrific, I love the nontraditional numbers, it's a great piece of work.

A+ work, GFB. Truly a delight for the eyes.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I have always thought the Cards would look good with more yellow, and I love the work on the bird. I would lessen the yellow outlines and keep the current number font and I would love this. The reason the Cards need more yellow is because those colors are the ones on the city flag, great job, and this is coming from a true diehard Cards fan!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Heh, averyj pointed to wikipedia, not me ;)

True....

But I guess I may as well give some C&C on the concept.

In my opinion I love the concept, but being a Cardinals fan I think the yellow is a little... well, much. Maybe if it was just toned down a bit and the yellow outlining was a little thinner it would look better.

Nice concept though.

Archived