Georgia Tech Wearing Blue Jerseys

pittfan11

Pics

28b6b838-1506-46f6-bdbb-0e7d7956ef28.jpg

d5419dd6-f764-4015-99bc-e24c41795488.jpg

Do both of those players have C's?

Yessir, both Reggie Ball and Calvin Johnson are captains, I think GT has 4 or 5 captains. Kinda clutters it up when you have the C, the R, the Yellow Jackets wordmark, the NCAA flag, and the ACC Championship logo.

But I like the blue jerseys.

Doesn't that kind of take away from the value of the C, having 5 at once? Having 5 at different points in the season is one thing, but at the same time...I'm not sure.

Definitely, although I think it's hard on a football team to have only one due to the sheer numbers and that the line is much more definite between offense and defense in football than in other sports. For example, if Reggie Ball was the only captain for the team, he'd have a tough time relating to the defense because he's always working with the offense. So I can understand having more than one captain, 4 or 5 on the other hand is kind of spreading the leadership powers fairly thin.

I'm thinking there's an overall captain (Ball), offensive captain (Johnson) D captain, Offensive Special Teams Captain, and Defensive Special Teams Captain. That's how I'd allocate it.

Anyways, it's a shame that they decided to unveil this at a game that they lost, ina conference championship. There's a good chance we might not see it again for a number of years. But, as good as these are, THEY SUCK COMPARED TO THE THROWBACKS. The throwbacks are king.

Before the game when I went over to the GT locker room, the first thing I thought of was "Wow, I should call somebody to put this on the boards."

In other news, I assume no one noticed this, but Reggie Ball had a "4" written in magic marker on each of his calves. Any word on why?

Probably to remind himself how many downs you get to try and pick up a first down. He forgot this back in 2004 when Tech played Georgia.

Or it could signify how many great plays he orchestrated during his tenure.....

Archived