Washington Capitals Concept

speedy

I liked it better with the blue

For the white uniforms, how about change the blue numbers to red? Firstly, because Montreal has that color scheme on their roads (white jersey, blue number, blue pants, red trim), so this would distinguish them a little more. Secondly, since the Caps home jerseys are red, red road numbers would match, which I usually (but not always) prefer in team uniforms.

But doing that probably leaves too much red and not enough blue in the road uniforms, so maybe change the bottom colored part of the jersey and/or the sleeves from red to blue for balance? Just an idea.

More NHL:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Ottawa Senators

Well, I kept the same Jersey template but infused the original colors into it. I also took the time to modernize there original logo, which only took a few minutes to if you see anything that should be changed, please tell me.

caps2.png

C&C as always..

this amazing better then any caps uniform ever, great job!

untitled-6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure if i liked these that much <_<

I really like the eagle and capitol building logos they have now, maybe if you used the same logos somewhere but put the red white and blue on, then kept that modernized logo as a script logo.

But well designed I have to say.

P.S: Can you tell me how to find a place to design uniforms like that? Ive been wanting to design uniforms and logos on the computer for a while now, but have never been able to find the place to do it. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated. Pleade e-mail me at ute_dude7@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Since I grew up LOVING the Caps' Red jerseys (the white shoulders set them apart from the Habs I hated so much - Team, not unis...) I have to say that I like this look back to the red.

I actually like the bottom of the red one being white.

I find that there are a few too many stars.

And totally agree on the ALT: Too Blue jackets.

I'd like to see the Capitol logo as an ALT, maybe with DC on top of it.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Overall, an A for effort and execution. If the Caps wore these, I'd be happier than hell. And for whoever said red/white/blue is overdone... yeah - but this is a team playing in the United States's capital city. Named the Capitals. What colors would you have them wear?

Just a few things:

- using the Thrashers' font is probably a bad idea. Just as when you used the Kings' font for the Senators concept, using a font made expressly for one team confuses the identity. I see those numbers, I think Atlanta Thrashers. What makes it worse is that you've stolen from a division rival that plays the Caps all too often. Either go with a font that isn't being used in the NHL, or come up with a new one, or go with something more traditional. But when a font is used by one team exclusively, it's part of their package. Let the Caps' identity stand on its own.

- there's an awful lot of white space beneath the angled stripe on the home sweater. It causes the angled stripe to get a little bit lost into that white space. Going with red - or how about blue? - would make the stripe pop more.

- not a fan of the alt at all. It is too Blue Jackets-esque, between the color and the star motif. Moreover, the stars are angled at a weird angle, made all the more obvious by the fact that the rest of the sweater lacks the oblique striping lines that are in the home and road primaries. And the "DC" crest is not working; I'd take the Capitol building with the sticks over that any day.

Beyond that, two thumbs up. Great job modernizing the logo, and updating their old look with something new. Well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

as a diehard Caps fan, im not so sure on those. i just have a hard time dealing with the logo being the word CAPITALS. i'd like to see a variation of the eagle logo, like in the mold of the Fresno Falcons logo. maybe different shades of red white and blue as well. maybe put a little tad of yellow piping? i dunno its just something ive been wrestling with. i think the current eagle base in the mold of the fresno falcons. i think your design is cool, i just dont (and didnt like) the fact our logo was just the word. thats all. and an alt or shoulder patch as the capitol building with hockey sticks crossed behind it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived