Some possible information about the new NHL jerseys

spyboy1

This is copied from a post by one of the administrators of the new hockey jersey forums at http://www.icejerseys.com and seems to be the most insider information to date on what is coming from Reebok next year, but he does start out warning it's rumor and speculation.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=58

Okay, so here is the latest update on where things are going with the NHL jersey of the future. I will only claim this to be rumor and speculation, and do not claim to have heard this from any legitimate source - so read into this whatever you want!

The NHL will introduce a new authentic (and replica) jersey for next season (2007-2008)

The new NHL authentic jersey will be a form-fitting jersey (somewhat along the lines of the Swift jersey)

The new NHL authentic jersey will NOT be worn tucked in as previously speculated

The new NHL authentic jersey will use modern technology to decrease weight and minimize drag - by games end, it will weigh on average 4 lbs less than the current authentic jersey when taking into account water absorption throughout the game

The new NHL authentic jersey will NOT have new striping/colors and designs for any team. All teams will carry over their current designs for next season

The new NHL authentic jersey will enable players to wear a smaller size (and tighter fit), while providing more freedom of movement

The new NHL authentic jersey is well supported by the players

So, to summarize, the NHL will be improving the technology and fit of the authentic jersey to allow players to be faster, lighter and more mobile, allowing them to perform to the maximum of their capabilities as elite athletes.

As for the replica jersey, there will be a few changes there too:

The current replica jersey will be available only in one color for each team (a dark jersey)

A new replica jersey will be introduced, with a lower value offering than the current replica jersey. The key change will be the elimination of shoulder crests, and downgrading of the chest crest from embroidered twill crest, to a screen print on sewn patch crest.

The feeling is that there is not enough of a perceived value jump between the current replica and the current authentic jersey. So, moving forward, replica jerseys will not look as close to an authentic in terms of quality as they currently do. Meaning, a replica will in fact be a REPLICA not an authentic look-alike with slightly lower quality materials. Not sure where pricing will be on the new jerseys but I'm sure nothing will cost less!

The things that stand out to me are;

1. Form fitting but not tucked in

2. NOT have new striping/colors and designs for any team

3. Only dark jerseys available

4. The replicas will be very cheaply made and not worth a :censored:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If this turns out to be true...what a relief.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There's already a thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...st&p=656916

(Edited to remove a smart ass comment after realizing spyboy has 1,400 posts. My bad.)

Ahh, my bad too. I scanned that thread quickly to see if that info was over there and missed that it was. I also thought that thread had taken a bit of a tangent and thought if this was new to everyone it deserved a new thread of it's own.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

You know, as much as this may sound like heresy to some people, I hope the Chinese begin mass-producing NHL fakes like they have NFLs.

The fabric change itself is a bitter pill to swallow, but the idea of the league deliberately charging more for less is sickening.

Look at the sheer number of good ebay fakes of NFL jerseys. By mass-producing good-to-great quality lookalikes, the Chinese have effectively devalued the true NFL overpriced authentics and made the replicas look like the crap that they are. I think Mr. Bettman's league is the next to be taken down a peg.

What would Zeigler do?

You know, as much as this may sound like heresy to some people, I hope the Chinese begin mass-producing NHL fakes like they have NFLs.

The fabric change itself is a bitter pill to swallow, but the idea of the league deliberately charging more for less is sickening.

Look at the sheer number of good ebay fakes of NFL jerseys. By mass-producing good-to-great quality lookalikes, the Chinese have effectively devalued the true NFL overpriced authentics and made the replicas look like the crap that they are. I think Mr. Bettman's league is the next to be taken down a peg.

What would Zeigler do?

So wait, is it saying that there will be 3 jersey options ( :censored:ty replica, good replica, and authentic) or just 2 ( :censored:ty replica and authentic?)

as I understand it, there'll be three, presumably to match NFL and NBA options (crap replicas---current replicas become replithentic---authentics)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The new NHL authentic jersey will NOT have new striping/colors and designs for any team. All teams will carry over their current designs for next season

That's all I needed to know. Carry on.

Archived