Sign in to follow this  
aragin66

76ers Concept

Whenever you think of the Sixers you think of Dr.J flying through the air during the 77 Finals against Portland in what I believe was the best look that the Sixers have ever worn, the blue and white with the stars on the side. Two bad this look didn't last too long. The red jerseys that they wore throghout the eighties were great, but plain..and please lets's not get into those crayola pieces of monkeycrap from 91 until about 93, 94. During the mid 90's the jerseys that they wore were kind of similar to those jerseys of old. And although the jerseys that they wear now are okay, it's time for a new look..and what better than going back, but keeping it present. So I combine the two looks and hopefully you guys like it...

Sixers.jpg

I hate the NBA's overuse of the color red.

Other than that, I think they are too bright, but the pattern is good. Are those old Lakers numbers?

Whenever you think of the Sixers you think of Dr.J flying through the air during the 77 Finals against Portland in what I believe was the best look that the Sixers have ever worn, the blue and white with the stars on the side. Two bad this look didn't last too long. The red jerseys that they wore throghout the eighties were great, but plain..and please lets's not get into those crayola pieces of monkeycrap from 91 until about 93, 94. During the mid 90's the jerseys that they wore were kind of similar to those jerseys of old. And although the jerseys that they wear now are okay, it's time for a new look..and what better than going back, but keeping it present. So I combine the two looks and hopefully you guys like it...

Sixers.jpg

Nice uniform design. I'd like to see these actually be used on the court.

TCR question, why can't he use that script? Just curious.

I think it has something to do with the NBA not allowing any number on the front of a jersey other than the players official number, thats why the 76ers current unis say "Sixers"

looks good but the wordmark dosnt really go with the jerseys reall well

I agree. Just lose the gold and these will be much better.

Thanks AstroBull, did not know that, no wonder the player are suing the league, man they CONTROL EVERYTHING. :D You would think that because that is the teams logo and name it would be allowed? Oh wait that is common sence, we can't have that in professional sports.

Thanks AstroBull, did not know that, no wonder the player are suing the league, man they CONTROL EVERYTHING. :D You would think that because that is the teams logo and name it would be allowed? Oh wait that is common sence, we can't have that in professional sports.

Hey man I appreciate that. Hell I didn't know, that's why I'm happy I got guys like you who will pull my coat on stuff like that.

I think the jeseys look good except for the gold gradient (as everyone has mentioned).

nyy3351 - Exactly. Perfection.

I think TCR means if you go old school, the name on the jerseys should read "Sixers", not "76ers".

I think TCR means if you go old school, the name on the jerseys should read "Sixers", not "76ers".

That and using the 76 is verboten. Doing like a "SEVENTY SIXERS" script in the style of North Carolina or Michigan State might look kinda cool. Or not.

I like the home and away a lot, very slick. Not sure about the red outlining the wordmark on the alternate though.

way betta than the currents 76ers really need these where did they get black in gold from come on?

ya i no what ur sayin i mean 4 real it so wak wit black in gold n stuff

Since I'm frustrated with the Rockets concept, I decided to give myself a break from Houston and go back and revamp two old concept I did when I first joined the board last year: the 76ers and Celtics. Here's the ol' Sixers back in Red, White n' Blue.

-Colors back to the real 76ers colors

-My original concept had a different primary logo, but I decided (a) it sucked (cool.gif looked like a barber-pole and a schlong combined © it really sucked, hard. So, since I really llike the current 76ers logo but hate the colors, I went the Jazz/Nuggets route and recolored the logo and rennovated the jerseys. I'm rather pleased with the outcome.

-Jersey design is a bit of a tweak from my original concept. Used the current wordmark though I deleted the ball from it. The side panels is current yet somewhat retro, and I worked in little hints of the jerseys from Allen Iverson's rookie year (the style I miss most from Philly).

The floor is open.

-Starchild, CCSLC member,Monday, May 16th, 2005 - 21:58:36

76ersFinalConcept_Small.jpg

i hope that designer doesn't get mad at me for bringing back his concept :/ , but this is actually or close to what the Sixers should be wearing. :notworthy:

I think this (made by Starchild) is the direction you should be headed in.