NHL shootout goal of the year?

spyboy1

Whooo Yea!

Shoot out goal of the year from the game I went to tonight.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard does a spin-o-rama and wins the game for Minnesota.

This move was just plain sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqIuSngc04

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I think it's strange that the home team shoots first. You'd think it'd be treated like baseball, where the road team shoots first, and then the home team has a chance to match it or win it. Oh well, still an enjoyable game, and at least the Hawks got a point out of it. Let's see them keep up the good work.

I wonder why they pulled the first link? Oh, well there will be more.

Like these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-9KIfWJf3k

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm still patiently awaiting someone to repeat the "Goal of the Century", performed and obviously named by myself.

I skated in, faked the shot(drop the shoulder, tilt the blade back), toedrag, flipped it up to my right(I'm left handed), spun around, and batted it in backhanded, right over the goalie's shoulder.

A nice change from skating in and just shooting for a corner.

As for Bouchard, an impressive goal, no doubt. I'd be more inclined to call it goal of the year if it weren't attempted by Shannon. Maybe Ovechkin can repeat his sliding/falling goal during a shootout.

I think it's strange that the home team shoots first. You'd think it'd be treated like baseball, where the road team shoots first, and then the home team has a chance to match it or win it.

It was like that last year. Then they discovered that the team that scores first actually won 75% of all shootouts, so now they give the choice for the home team to shoot first or not. And pretty much every time the home team shoots first now.

Very nice goal, though.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think it's strange that the home team shoots first. You'd think it'd be treated like baseball, where the road team shoots first, and then the home team has a chance to match it or win it.

It was like that last year. Then they discovered that the team that scores first actually won 75% of all shootouts, so now they give the choice for the home team to shoot first or not. And pretty much every time the home team shoots first now.

Very nice goal, though.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

There are still a few teams that choose to go second. I know the Devils do and they win most of their shootouts. Although I don't going first or second has anything to do with that and I think it's more of a fact that they have Marty Brodeur as their goalie.

I don't know the exact rules, however he looks like he takes out the goalies right leg or at least interferes with the posititioning of the goalie, maybe he scores first then makes contact, but thats not what it looks like to me.

There was an article in the paper today about how his younger brother taught him that move.

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/859274.html

HansonsSig.jpg

I don't know the exact rules, however he looks like he takes out the goalies right leg or at least interferes with the posititioning of the goalie, maybe he scores first then makes contact, but thats not what it looks like to me.

They immediately went to the booth to check out the goal. He maintained forward momentum and did not make contact with the goalie's pad until after the puck had crossed the line. Goal stands.

Wow, that was almost as cool as Ovechkin's goal against the Coyotes

Except Ovechkin's goal was actually during the game with defenders on him. This one was in a relatively pressure free situation hockey wise as there were no defenders and even then this shouldn't have counted as he makes contact with the goalie and thus interference. This has already been sent to the competition committee to look out in the off season (or whenever they meet next). You can bet there will be clarification on what constitutes a legal shootout goal.

Archived