Petite a Yankee again

NoHoJoe

Then of course there is Game 5 of the the 1996 World Series, Game 4 of the 1998 World Series, Game 2 of the 2003 ALCS etc... All big post season performances. I wouldn't blame the 2003 World Series on him. He's not the one who backed out after pitching 1 inning in game five (Wells) or the one who didn't play in game 5 except for a pinch hit (Giambi), or the won who batted .227 with 9 strikeouts (Soriano). Andy Pettitte in the Series had a 0.57 ERA, and in that game 6 you question him one he only gave up 2 runs only 1 earned. Yea thats a horrible pitching performance and choking it away.

I'm glad Pettitte is back He was my favorite Yankee and it was a mistake to let him go.

BAD NEWS....ANDY PETITE IS A YANKEE AGAIN...

GOOD NEWS: ONLY FOR A YEAR!

HOW MANY MORE GAMES WILL HE CHOKE, LIKE HE DID GAME 6 OF THE 2003 WS? OR GAME 5 OF TH1997

ALDS?

I don't know if I'd label Pettite as a choker. I hate both teams he has played for but as a baseball fan 4 world series rings and and 7 total WS appearances, including WS appearances in both leagues doesn't indicate a choker. Seems like a good pitcher to me. Everybody is going to have a bad game once in a while. Exhibit A: 2006 Detroit Tigers.

Well, the Yankees figure that once again, in order to solve their problems, just throw a star at it.

I mean, Petitte was GREAT, but he's not the answer. So yeah, the Yankees pitching will once again be mediocre and fail when they need it the most. Which is fine by me.

Archived