Brooklyn Nets confirmed?

goforbroke

are those jerseys your own concept or did you find them somewhere?

on another note, on the website you linked in one of the images it says brooklyn above the nets logo, could just be a space filler, but its there anyway, maybe a logo or wordmark kinda leaked?

it is in the top right corner of this image:

arena_faces150.jpg

edit: also found this image on the site, dont know if it has been mentioned before:

Picture2-4.png

I'm afraid it's too late for that, Tru. Once the Newark arena deal fell through, a move was inevitable.

I wasn't aware there was ever any question about the name, except whether the Brooklyn Nets would keep "Nets" or start from scratch with a new identity....

I'm afraid it's too late for that, Tru. Once the Newark arena deal fell through, a move was inevitable.

I wasn't aware there was ever any question about the name, except whether the Brooklyn Nets would keep "Nets" or start from scratch with a new identity....

Ironic now the roof of the Newark Arena that fell through then is almost complete and the arena should be ready by next october and the Nets arena in Brooklyn as even "got of the ground" yet and is tied up in legal problems. My guess is the Brooklyn arena probably won't ever get through and Ratner sells the team to someone who would move them to the Devils' arena in Newark or out to a new market.

They should scrap 'Nets' and start from scratch. Worst nickname ever.

They should scrap 'Nets' and start from scratch. Worst nickname ever.

I don't know, it might be, but I kinda like it. AS a young kid, I used to think the Nets name was a counterpart to the Bucks because, not knowing what a "buck" was, I thought is was an abbreviation for "bucket". Obviously that shoots my credibility in the judgement of nicknames, though...

LT

Unless Ratner is willing to scrap his humongous subsidized development deal, which is the real reason for the proposed move, and just settles on the arena, the Nets are going nowhere. They will likely stay in NJ and will probably eventually move into the Newark arena.

Settle down there, all you sarcastic know-it-alls. The move to Brooklyn is FAR from confirmed, since the Atlantic Yards project has met fierce opposition from residents and city officials. Right now there actually is a chance the NEts stay in New Jersey, at least for the next 10 years or so.

Isn't New Jersey just New York City's suburb anyway?

"The landfills were full..New Jersey was full..."

Bash Jersey again and i'll bash your fu*king face through a car windshield...

Archived