Time to fire up RealGM Trade Checker!

OB33

Could anyone fill me in on how Iverson is getting away with rejecting a trade to Charlotte when

-he doesn't have a no-trade clause

-they would be able to put together an appetizing deal for Philly

-the Bobcats need someone like him, and

-he basically just gave his teammates and the 76ers organization the finger by demanding a trade?

Customer satisfaction in a nutshell. The reason that I think AI wants out is so he can play for a contender, so if he gets shipped from one cellar dweller to another cellar dweller he's just going to ask for another trade. So it's in the best interest of both sides not to trade him if he doesn't want to go there. Its not exactly right, not exactly fair, but that's the NBA for you.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could anyone fill me in on how Iverson is getting away with rejecting a trade to Charlotte when

-he doesn't have a no-trade clause

-they would be able to put together an appetizing deal for Philly

-the Bobcats need someone like him, and

-he basically just gave his teammates and the 76ers organization the finger by demanding a trade?

Customer satisfaction in a nutshell. The reason that I think AI wants out is so he can play for a contender, so if he gets shipped from one cellar dweller to another cellar dweller he's just going to ask for another trade. So it's in the best interest of both sides not to trade him if he doesn't want to go there. Its not exactly right, not exactly fair, but that's the NBA for you.

That logic is somewhat understandable from the Bobcats' point of view, if they think that having a moderately unhappy AI is worse than having no recognizable stars at all, but I would think the Sixers would have no qualms about making him as unhappy as possible.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I'd kinda like an Iverson to LAL for 1st rd pick trade. Besides, chances are we won't be in the lottery.

Please, Peyton and others, learn the salary rules for trades before making posts with unrealistic ideas. (Not even mentioning the fact that only one GM in the NBA would be stupid enough to trade AI for a late first round pick straight up, and his name ain't Billy King.)

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Sounds steep I would not give em Camby

My ideal package would be Nene, Andre Miller, Najera and that first rounder.

But Camby's games played has decreased every year, so as much as I like him, I wouldn't be completely upset. Personally, I want to keep JR Smith. He's 20, averaging 18 PPG, and he has terrific chemisty with 'Melo. The two seem to love playing with one another. If the trade went down, I'd be happy. If it doesn't, I'll be happy.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, regardless of how the salary rules work in the NBA, hypothetically, if there were no rules on salaries in a trade, all I would give up is a first-rounder. Maybe throw in Kwame Brown. But really, the Sixers are going to have a hard time finding any takers for Iverson, especially with the huge asking price. Better to go trade for some cheaper guard than AI.

espnsig.gif

I'd kinda like an Iverson to LAL for 1st rd pick trade. Besides, chances are we won't be in the lottery.

Please, Peyton and others, learn the salary rules for trades before making posts with unrealistic ideas. (Not even mentioning the fact that only one GM in the NBA would be stupid enough to trade AI for a late first round pick straight up, and his name ain't Billy King.)

How about Iverson for a 1st and 2nd? Salary numbers only apply if both teams get players.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived