Orlando Magic wearing their throwbacks tonight

roxfan00

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grizzlies was a GREAT name for a Vancouver team...........the uniform? Not so much. Amazing how BAD the Canadian teams' uniforms were, wow.

Oh, and the Magic's best uni combo was the blue. In the early years, they had the same problem that the Tampa Bay Lightning do now: they forgot that BLUE was a team color.

SigReflect.png

along those lines...i found this logo

i dont remember it EVER really being used but it is kickass in my opinion

van5.gif

I think I remember that they had that logo painted on the court out of bounds, right underneath the basket with "Vancouver" and "Grizzlies" on either side of the logo.

Should Memphis wear these uniforms for one night? lol

GrizzliesPhoto.jpg

look at dennis rodman in the background

The teal Grizzlies uniforms were possibly the only thing in the NBA more visually distracting than Dennis Rodman.

I really liked the pinstriped Magic Jerseys, especially the white ones. And Although I hadn't thought about it until now, the NBA had the Pacers, Bulls, Hornets, Magic and Rockets (and Raptors?) wearing pinstripes at the same time, unless I'm wrong.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

There are a lot of things going on in that uniform, and none of them are good.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They seriously need to bring those jerseys back full-time! They should have never changed their look! I still have an authentic Penny Hardaway jersey that I bought back in 97'...

th_67525_penny2_122_327lo.jpg

th_67517_penny1_122_419lo.jpg

I agree man...I also own that jersey, those things were amazing. Best the Magic have ever looked.

They seriously need to bring those jerseys back full-time! They should have never changed their look! I still have an authentic Penny Hardaway jersey that I bought back in 97'...

th_67525_penny2_122_327lo.jpg

th_67517_penny1_122_419lo.jpg

I agree man...I also own that jersey, those things were amazing. Best the Magic have ever looked.

The one that I own is an authentic and NOT those fake-me-outs that Mitchell and Ness sell.

I guess it shows my age, but it kinda makes me feel old when I see things like the Orlando Magic throwbacks, because (though I've only been a hardcore sports fan since around 1999) it's one of the few times where teams are wearing throwbacks that I remember them wearing normally.

The Magic unis were okay, but I agree that pinstripes have no place in basketball. Their current set (I feel) is an upgrade. It's bland, but clean. In other words, it's a start.

And I have to say...come on! The blinding teal Grizz set isn't THAT bad. However, I'm waiting on the dust to collect on the black-and-teal set for Memphis, so the new Grizz can bust those out on occasion. The first uniforms for the first team I supported 110%? Priceless.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

To me, the term "throwback" conjures up thoughts of an earlier time and a different era. There outta be a rule that no uniforms can be considered "throwbacks" if there are still players currently in the league who played while the unis were originally used. I have no problem with teams like this wearing them on special occasions, but they should have to call it "the old uniform night."

the magic need that black pinstripe - maybe with the current orlando wordmark instead? - as a road alt now that the homes are all white for the NBA.

here i made this. i actully think it would look pretty good. i know this isnt clean and its my first attempt at pinstripes but i did it in a span of 2 minutes just to show u guys how it might look.

vcasd.jpg

Those sublimated stars were great. The pinstripes would have been ok, were it not for the number font.

This is where I feel the need to point out how much I **LOVED** the Indiana pinstripe jerseys.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived