Coacher42

LA Clippers Logo

Why is using this so hard?

SD-C_5452.gif

Because it's terrible. I had to read the description on CC's logo section before I knew what it was supposed to be.

I know what it is and it isn't any worse than the Clippers' logo right now. I've always wondered about the extra seam in the ball myself. The Clipper logo set is just terrible on all parts. From the Logo to the Laker-like wordmark to the colors. You would think they would try to create a new identity by now...

heh, if nothing else, the Clips logo is a step up from the original version, used in the last two San Diego years (though that aint sayin much)

SD-C_5465.gif

please take note of the superfluous motion lines at the front of the ball, the only difference other than the city name. heh, for all these years ya coulda said it was more fitting...stagnation by motion lines :D

Shouldn't the seams on the ball be updated for this season anyway? :)

Nah, David Stern wouldn't allow that... yet. He's second-guessing himself on the new game ball as we speak. ^_^

Wow. I agree; both of those logos are going to give me fits now.

The Clips phantom seam probably is meant to continue on under the wordmark...but that's still more seams than a ball should have. Just Wrong.

The Clippies need a makeover in the worst way. I personally propose stealing the BP logo from the Columbus Clippers. Quite possibly the best Clipper logo EVER.

Best I can do is link

Wow. I agree; both of those logos are going to give me fits now.

The Clips phantom seam probably is meant to continue on under the wordmark...but that's still more seams than a ball should have. Just Wrong.

The Clippies need a makeover in the worst way. I personally propose stealing the BP logo from the Columbus Clippers. Quite possibly the best Clipper logo EVER.

Best I can do is link

That is a really nice logo, though I can see it looking busy on a baseball cap... Good for a basketball logo though.

And I also never noticed that Clippers snafu. That's really bothering me now.

Not for long.... :D

San Diego is a big maritime town.

Thus they would go for a name like Clippers, although when applied to the city of Los Angeles, it seems like "Clippers" would constitute getting "clipped" by a car at a busy intersection. Ha. :D

I heard on local ABC news that an ESPN Inside source has stated the nba balls will be switched back to traditional leather.......wtf?

I got bored so I corrected the clippers logo.

clipperscorrectedal2.gif

Now the seam pattern is more or less correct. However, the ball is still lopsided, since the panels on each side are different sizes. It's not your fault, though. You were attempting to complete an impossible task.

I got bored so I corrected the clippers logo.

clipperscorrectedal2.gif

Somehow that looks worse.

I always thought the seams on this logo were way off -- someone help me out here

TOR_1415.gif

Why is using this so hard?

SD-C_5452.gif

Because it's terrible. I had to read the description on CC's logo section before I knew what it was supposed to be.

It's not any worse then the bland Lakers rip-off they're using now. It also conveys the team's name, which in the world of sports logos is a big plus.

:wacko:

ugh...why did I open this thread? My head is spinning. Next thing you are going to do is tell me that the Falcons logo is actually an 'F' :P

Seriously though, the Clipper logo is the worst in pro sports. It doesn't surprise me that it is off.

Does anyone know if the Laker logo is off too? Aren't they almost exact clones of each other?