LA Clippers Logo

Coacher42

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to offend any fans...but why do the LA Clippers even exist? I guess the Yankees overshadow the Mets somewhat, but there is no 2 team city where there is such an obvious inequity. Why would anyone be an LA Clipper fan rather than a Laker fan (besides the dubious moral character of the Lakers franchise...Celtics fan talking here). Seriously, is their existence merely to allow cheaper, lower-demand tickets for NBA fans who can't afford to see the Lakers?

Why do cities like Seattle lose their teams, and cities like KC, St Louis, or even San Diego not have franchises, while LA has a basically useless stepchild team like the Clippers? Is it all because of Sterling?

Man was it a sweet year when the Clippers were better than the Lakers though and we thought they were going in opposite directions! Could fan support ever shift if that were to happen again?

This is the "Sports Logos" board. The "Random Garbage Thoughts" board is somewhere else.

Also, apparently, the "Grumpy Old Man" board.

I still have yet to read a legitimate reason for this thread being revived after nearly 2 YEARS since the last post.

Maybe NeC!romanC!y is part of the RevoluC!ion.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not to offend any fans...but why do the LA Clippers even exist? I guess the Yankees overshadow the Mets somewhat, but there is no 2 team city where there is such an obvious inequity. Why would anyone be an LA Clipper fan rather than a Laker fan (besides the dubious moral character of the Lakers franchise...Celtics fan talking here). Seriously, is their existence merely to allow cheaper, lower-demand tickets for NBA fans who can't afford to see the Lakers?

Why do cities like Seattle lose their teams, and cities like KC, St Louis, or even San Diego not have franchises, while LA has a basically useless stepchild team like the Clippers? Is it all because of Sterling?

Man was it a sweet year when the Clippers were better than the Lakers though and we thought they were going in opposite directions! Could fan support ever shift if that were to happen again?

This is the "Sports Logos" board. The "Random Garbage Thoughts" board is somewhere else.

Oh I didn't realize we wern't allowed to have discussions about sports. Thank you for telling me this I will definitively visit a sports board, or the "Random Garbage Thoughts" boards as you like to call it, next time I want to discuss anything that isn't related to logos.

This is the "Sports Logos" board. The "Sports In General" board is somewhere else.

Oh I didn't realize we wern't allowed to have discussions about sports. Thank you for telling me this I will definitively visit a sports board, or the "Random Garbage Thoughts" boards as you like to call it, next time I want to discuss anything that isn't related to logos.

There, fixed it for ya.

6fQjS3M.png

Thanks for understanding.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still have yet to read a legitimate reason for this thread being revived after nearly 2 YEARS since the last post.

You didn't laugh at all reading any of this? I laughed my butt off. I thought it would be funny to review. I apologize for wasting your precious time, but thanks for your contribution.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Why is using this so hard?

SD-C_5452.gif

I think a refined version of this, using these colors would be amazing and put the Clips on top of the merchandise world. The look and the colors are unique. It's a real shame those in the Clippers front office can't see this gold mine right in front of them.

CLIPPERSUNI.jpg

Really.

"On top of the merchandise world"

Really.

[Mod edit: That was unnecessary.]

[Mod edit: Unnecessary quote.]

[Mod edit: Unnecessary response to unnecessary quote.]

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

SD-C_5452.gif

Grade-school geometrics aside, it looks like crap. That's why.

It could use some tweaking, but it blows what they have away. Plus it's kind of abstract which makes gives it something of an iconic feel to it.

It just needs a chance to shine, damn it! :P

I think a refined version of this, using these colors would be amazing and put the Clips on top of the merchandise world. The look and the colors are unique. It's a real shame those in the Clippers front office can't see this gold mine right in front of them.

CLIPPERSUNI.jpg

I would switch the orange out for red, but yeah, the Clippers have a lot of potential, logo/uniform wise at least.

SD-C_5452.gif

CLIPPERSUNI.jpg

Really.

"On top of the merchandise world"

Really.

Hey if the Denver Nuggets can do it with their baby blue, a team in LA could easily do it. Maybe not over the long haul but as a trend, for a year, yes. On top of the merchandise world.

It's one of those where it appears in varying shades of red-orange depending on where you find it. I can never remember precisely which colors are right.

I told you already, that Clippers concept makes them look like the Bobcats, and that all-lowercase Arial bold italic looks straight out of a bad alternative rock album cover from 1997. Back to the drawing board!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's one of those where it appears in varying shades of red-orange depending on where you find it. I can never remember precisely which colors are right.

I told you already, that Clippers concept makes them look like the Bobcats, and that all-lowercase Arial bold italic looks straight out of a bad alternative rock album cover from 1997. Back to the drawing board!

No disrespect but it's Helvetica Neue not Arial and having grown up in the region, I'd see it as being less alt rock and more pure SoCal. The Bobcats on the other hand use a completely different font that it heavily stylized, condensed, and overly italicized. That being said, this was a very quick sketch of an idea, not a thought out final solution. My point here was to show that even the most basic treatment is better than what they have, that's all. I'd love to see it refined and worked into a great new concept.

Archived