LA Clippers Logo

Coacher42

It's one of those where it appears in varying shades of red-orange depending on where you find it. I can never remember precisely which colors are right.

Part of the issue is that the NBA uses a different shade of Burnt Orange than was actually used back in the day. I have logosheets from 1976-1978 that list the actual Pantones used, and have made comparisons with what the NBA has deemed as "official". In most examples, there are very large discrepancies:

SanDiegoClippers_CON_1979_SOL_SRGB.jpg

For the record, the actual Pantone used for the Clippers' Burnt Orange back in that era was PANTONE 172 C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wanted to say that it probably isn't supposed to be an extra seam. The Los Angeles Clippers banner seems to be covering up the top part of the seam that is farthest left. If that makes sense.

So like this?

LAC_784.gif

What J Squared? I know your post is from 2006 so you won't respond. Does anyone know what he is trying to say? I am confused.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Just wanted to say that it probably isn't supposed to be an extra seam. The Los Angeles Clippers banner seems to be covering up the top part of the seam that is farthest left. If that makes sense.

So like this?

LAC_784.gif

What J Squared? I know your post is from 2006 so you won't respond. Does anyone know what he is trying to say? I am confused.

Or would it be more like that?

ioxjye9im9phdgfyfxvj1xb71.gif

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived