Vince Young for Rookie of the Year

TFoA

Now what's the criteria for being considered a rookie? First year in the NFL regardless of games played? Games played? etc. I'd like to toss Phillip Rivers name in there but if he's not considered because he was on the Chargers roster last year then I understand.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as overall impact that actually means something, you might have to go with Marcus McNeill of the Chargers. He's the starting LT for a team that has the best record in the league, one of the league's leading passers (despite being a first-year starter), and one of the best running games in NFL history.

Not to take anything away from VY, because he has certainly been spectacular, but if you look at his statistics, the only three solid games he has played have been the last 3. He may well become the best player from the 2006 draft, but McNeill has contributed far more this season.

it's not like the nhl, where there is a games played criteria... a rookie in the NFL is literally a player that is in his first year of employ by an NFL team. you can be 3rd quarterback, and take zero snaps in the regular season your first year of getting a paycheck... and the next season, you are no longer a rookie.

I am sorry I used the wrong terminology. I in no way said Vince Young wasn't a good QB, I just meant to simply state that I feel Leinhart is a better thrower than Young but I obviously feel Young is the overall better player this year due to me saying I agree he should get Rookie of the Year.

Here's a newsflash for you, if Leinert was as good as ESPN made everyone think he was, then he should be able to go out there by himself and beat the Chargers.

Sorry, that's more overhyped than bad, but my point is still true. Young's had a better year this year. The NFL is unfair. I wish the Falcons could hire a coach who can tie his own shoes, but what are you gonna do?

Actually, you could put Peyton Manning on the Cardinals and they would still find a way to lose. Leinhart hasn't really been a bad QB this year, like I said, he has absolutely no line. I guess Edge is just as overrated as Leinhart is. I mean look at the year he is having and if he was that good he could go out there alone with one hand tied behind his back and against 50 pro bowl defensive players and win, right? :wacko:

Thanks for the "newsflash" though. :rolleyes:

PopHeading-1.gif

If the Cards don't do something fast, Leinart will be the next David Carr-nikova. Carr had/has the skillset to be a very good NFL quarterback, but he's been broken by that sorry excuse for a line.

Oh yeah, and VINCE YOUNG FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. He took a bad bad team and turned them into winners. If not for the pitiful Kerry Collins experiment, the Titans might have been playoff contenders this season. As it stands, though... watch out next year.

I am sorry I used the wrong terminology. I in no way said Vince Young wasn't a good QB, I just meant to simply state that I feel Leinhart is a better thrower than Young but I obviously feel Young is the overall better player this year due to me saying I agree he should get Rookie of the Year.

Here's a newsflash for you, if Leinert was as good as ESPN made everyone think he was, then he should be able to go out there by himself and beat the Chargers.

Sorry, that's more overhyped than bad, but my point is still true. Young's had a better year this year. The NFL is unfair. I wish the Falcons could hire a coach who can tie his own shoes, but what are you gonna do?

Actually, you could put Peyton Manning on the Cardinals and they would still find a way to lose. Leinhart hasn't really been a bad QB this year, like I said, he has absolutely no line. I guess Edge is just as overrated as Leinhart is. I mean look at the year he is having and if he was that good he could go out there alone with one hand tied behind his back and against 50 pro bowl defensive players and win, right? :wacko:

Don't get snappy. Let me ask you this: If you switched the offenses of Tennessee and Arizona (meaning Young and his line were Cardinals and Lienart and his line were Titans), would you say that Lienart would deserve it then?

(Basically, I'm calling you a homer)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Don't get snappy. Let me ask you this: If you switched the offenses of Tennessee and Arizona (meaning Young and his line were Cardinals and Lienart and his line were Titans), would you say that Lienart would deserve it then?

(Basically, I'm calling you a homer)

Please go back and read my posts. I NEVER once said Lienart should get the award. I even said I believe Vince Young should get it with the year he is having.

On a side note, I find it kind of weird that this Vince Young talk has really picked up after his overtime run against the Texans. It's the Texans. There is no way they should of even been in OT for starters. If he would of done this against a D like Chicago I would be a LOT more impressed, but I just can't get excited at a last minute OT play against a horrible team.

*Edit* Thanks for the PM Cyclopsis

PopHeading-1.gif

Hester should be up there for DROY.

HE HAS SIX TOUCHDOWNS AND POSSIBLY MORE TO COME. Come on.

...all coming on Special-Teams.

Special teams is so unimportant. :rolleyes:

Considering how badly that Bears offense can potentially be, Hester plays a ridiculously huge role in that teams success. Whether it's teams sacrificing field position to not let him get the hands on it or one of his six TD's. Two of them even came to give the Bears a fourth quarter lead. I'd have him second behind Vince Young, actually. He certainly deserves recognition.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived