Vince Young for Rookie of the Year

TFoA

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the hype that Reggie Bush has gotten, he hasn't broken out until last week.

For all the love that Marques Colston got, he got hurt, unfortunately.

For all the 4th-quarter clutchness that Jerious Norwood has had, he's also been a tad bit injury prone.

For all the people clamoring about "BENCH JAKE PLUMMER NOW!!!", look what that got them...

For all the people talking about how Matt Leinart is an NFL quality QB, where are they?

So yeah, Vince Young, ever since he got the nod to start, has been nothing but effective in everyone of his starts. And today, he finally go the play of the year, IMO, with that 39-yard scamper and jumping into the sea of orange that was there to support him. What better way to get back at a team taht passed you and the Heisman Trophy winner up by killing them in OT? So yeah, after beating the Mannings in order, and this game, Vince Young = Rookie of the Year.

Vince wins.

I now proclaim title of Nostradamus.

51.5% completion %, 12 TD, 13 INTS, a QB rating of 66.7 (VY)

VS

70 rec, 1038 yds, 8 TD (Colston)

VS

166 rush, 941 yds, 13 TD, as well as 46 rec, 436 yds, and 2 rec TD (Jones-Drew)

I'm sorry, but VY would have been 3rd on my list. Jones-Drew had more rushing TDs than VY had passing, and Colston was the leading receiver on a team that actually made the playoffs and had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL. Sure, Vince made some great plays this year, but let's face it: He won ROY because his name was Vince Young.

AM.gif

51.5% completion %, 12 TD, 13 INTS, a QB rating of 66.7 (VY)

VS

70 rec, 1038 yds, 8 TD (Colston)

VS

166 rush, 941 yds, 13 TD, as well as 46 rec, 436 yds, and 2 rec TD (Jones-Drew)

I'm sorry, but VY would have been 3rd on my list. Jones-Drew had more rushing TDs than VY had passing, and Colston was the leading receiver on a team that actually made the playoffs and had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL. Sure, Vince made some great plays this year, but let's face it: He won ROY because his name was Vince Young.

I'm inclined to agree. Only thing I would say was that Colston and Jones-Drew weren't the top players on their teams at their positions. SO while maybe they weren't as depended on, it makes their numbers that much more impressive.

Archived