Bruins' Phil Kessel Hospitalized

Audiodrama

By character issues you must mean his locker room hissy fit claiming he was the only player on the team who had any talent and the only one on the ice trying to win games? Or was it the part about how he should have picked Wisconsin and not associated himself with a bunch of losers? I guess he thought all self centered freshman were just given an immediate championship upon their arrival.

Okay, so which part of this post makes it okay to attack someone with testicular cancer, you insensitive lout?

Call me crazy, as someone who's lost three grandparents and a mother to the big C, but I'm a little sensitive about the topic; however, hiding behind the "don't shoot the messenger" argument doesn't make you any less of a lout.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

My father died of cancer on my birthday eight years ago, so I hope I'm qualified to comment here. I think it is fair to dislike a person no matter what their medical condition is. I posted a few weeks ago about Lance Armstrong and got utterly bashed for saying I disliked him. "He's a hero" "He's a survivor" etc. etc. What does that make my Dad? A loser and a quitter?

I wish no ill health on Armstrong or Kessel, quite the opposite. I wish all cancer patients would get healthy and live long lives, despite what I think of some of them. But let's stop pretending all people who are afflicted with a serious illness are all wonderful human beings. Some of them aren't.

Thank you for your time.

newsig.jpg

My father died of cancer on my birthday eight years ago, so I hope I'm qualified to comment here. I think it is fair to dislike a person no matter what their medical condition is. I posted a few weeks ago about Lance Armstrong and got utterly bashed for saying I disliked him. "He's a hero" "He's a survivor" etc. etc. What does that make my Dad? A loser and a quitter?

I wish no ill health on Armstrong or Kessel, quite the opposite. I wish all cancer patients would get healthy and live long lives, despite what I think of some of them. But let's stop pretending all people who are afflicted with a serious illness are all wonderful human beings. Some of them aren't.

Thank you for your time.

Well said. Very well said.

Thank you for your time.

Oh, I'm not pretending Kessel is a wonderful kid by any stretch; I just think it's remarkably inappropriate for anyone who's just been diagnosed/started undergoing cancer treatments to be bitched on. Give him a few weeks, then start in on him.

Like I say, for me, it's the interpretation and the situation, and after having 4 out of 6 grandparents/parents go via the big C, I get a tad sensitive about it. However, none of my family or friends have died of stingray attack, so I will continue making Steve Irwin comments.

ANd with that, I wash my hands of the entire situation.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Okay, so which part of this post makes it okay to attack someone with testicular cancer, you insensitive lout?

Call me crazy, as someone who's lost three grandparents and a mother to the big C, but I'm a little sensitive about the topic; however, hiding behind the "don't shoot the messenger" argument doesn't make you any less of a lout.

I will call you crazy, as no sane person uses the word 'lout' anymore.

I can say whatever I please about Phil Kessel's bad attitude and poor behavior. He opened himself up to that criticism by acting as selfishly as he did during his immature tantrum. Cancer does not absolve him of these transgressions.

However, it's as equally selfish of you to pretend you're the only one whose lost someone they love to cancer. I've reported the facts about Phil Kessel being the "lout", as you like to say. Not everyone is aware of his ridiculous statements because the Gophers showed more class than Phil did by not airing their dirty laundry and quietly suggesting that Boston take over his development as a player. Besides, Kyle Okposo has easily picked up where Phil left off and has previously proven the worth of his character by leading the Des Moines Buccaneers to a USHL Clark Cup. If you didn't want anyone examining his stupidity, maybe Phil should have kept his selfish, immature mouth shut in the first place. That's something you ought to consider, as well.

Archived