New CCM logo?

jkrdevil

I noticed during the pre game skate iterview on Versus that Alexander Ovechkin's helmet has a different CCM logo on it. It's sort of like the logo the NHL used when coming back from the lockout last year with CCM written in the middle with sort of swooshes on the corners. Upon checking the CCM site though it has the the usual CCM logo and a pictures of Ovechkin from this year has his helmet having the ususal CCM logo.

PAGW105120923_1024x768.jpg

Best picture I could quickly find... If I find one that is more close up I'll post it. I saw this helmet the other night in the Leafs game and I believe it was Steen who was wearing it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I noticed during the pre game skate iterview on Versus that Alexander Ovechkin's helmet has a different CCM logo on it. It's sort of like the logo the NHL used when coming back from the lockout last year with CCM written in the middle with sort of swooshes on the corners. Upon checking the CCM site though it has the the usual CCM logo and a pictures of Ovechkin from this year has his helmet having the ususal CCM logo.

CCM has in fact changed their logo. Alex Ovechkin's helmet is the new CCM Vector helmet. They have decided to more or less discontinue the 'Tacks' line of equipment for the more 'cutting edge' Vector series.

All of their new equipment this year will be bearing the new CCM logo.

Ovechkin is the first player to have the vector helmet, they want to use him to market it, and then gradually get it to some more players. Same thing with the skates, Ovechkin is wearing the CCM Vector 10.0 SE skates. He in fact had a huge hand in designing the skate, and truth be told, they had to cut back on a lot of the things he wanted on it, but still it is the same as a regular 10.0 skate, however has chrome lines on the side of a black boot, as well as yellow laces, as per Ovechkin's request. The retail versions have a black holder on them, which is what Ovechkin wanted, but after going scoreless in 5 games with the black holders, he got the Caps equipment guy to put on white ones and he started scoring again. However, from what I have heard, he has promised CCM to put the black ones back on eventually.

Also, just a side note, word has it that with the purchase of Reebok by Adidas last year, we may not be too far off from seeing Adidas back in hockey within a few years.....just from what I have heard from some people at RBK.

Neon's right, I do remember Steen wearing it over the weekend, IIRC. I prefer the old logo, but man, that helmet is ugly as :censored:! It's like Itech and Jofa put together, with some extra vents so all the kids will think it's cool.

Well, new helmet design, new logo, makes sense I guess.

I still like the old logo better, especially when it was the red, blue and white one, so it matches perfectly when the Montreal Canadiens players wear it.

On another note, the new helmet design looks somewhat similar to the Mission helmets, IMO.

Wade-sig.png

I noticed the new logo while watching the game tonight as well. I do like the old one better, but this one is acceptable. The helmet itself looks just like the Intake, as MVP mentioned.

Perhaps this is why the CCM Pro Tacks 852 are only $40 in a ridiculous amount of colors(including Brampton Batallion's 'khaki green' and 4 or 5 different shades of blue). I'm thinking about getting a new one since the one pad came out of my Bauer 5000. I'm just a bit hesitant because everyone I know with a CCM has later bought a Bauer 5000.

I noticed this new CCM logo last night during the Pens/Caps game, and was thoroughly disappointed. I love the classic logo, but I am a bit of a traditionalist. I think the new CCM logo is as bad as putting the swoosh next to Bauer on helmets, sticks, etc.

I guess I just recall the old CCM & Bauer logos from my youth; who am I to stand in the way of 'progress'?

Hopefully, they will still make some merchandise (hats, etc.) with the old CCM logo...

Sorry for the crappy picture quality. But I work in a Pro Shop and the Reebok/CCM rep was in the other day and gave all of us shirts with the new CCM logo on them. I also got to see the special edition Vector 10.0's, which are really sweet. Like Stevenet said they are all black with chrome accents and the holders are black and chrome. The new helmets are like a Mission and Reebok mix. They're pretty cool close up.

CCM.jpg

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

Aww man! I just got the vector 10.0 and I saw the new vector 10.0 SE and they're so much sweeter looking! DAMN! i like the helmet but I love my RBK helmets they're amazing so I won't be changing over to the vector helmet... But I don't mind the new CCM logo its not too bad...

spacer.png

It could be a lot worst. Still I am shocked that CCM would suddenly change their logo after the same one for so many years without making a big deal out of it.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The new CCM logo is typical Reebok. Overly trendy, the logo will be dated in a few years and they'll probably revert to the classic logo and call it 'retro.' Despite their Adidas ownership, Reebok's designers never seem to find a balance of progressive and classic.

Archived