Good unis ruined by bad play?

Bucks6thMan

I agree about the original T-Wolves logo. I was fine with the uni change, but the logo was awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, those were definetly the best hats the Brewers ever wore. I think after looking at the ones you posted, I prefer the script from those to the previous ones as well (if you look at the '97 unis next to the '94's you can see that they're slightly different). Either way, they beat the mess outta what they have now :cursing: .

Agreed. This is the best uniform any Milwaukee baseball team has ever worn, in my opinion:

vina40798.jpg

They were nice....could you post the logo that would have made them perfect (I can't find it anywhere)?

This one?

BBMhome.jpg

:D

Yea, those were definetly the best hats the Brewers ever wore. I think after looking at the ones you posted, I prefer the script from those to the previous ones as well (if you look at the '97 unis next to the '94's you can see that they're slightly different). Either way, they beat the mess outta what they have now :cursing: .

Agreed. This is the best uniform any Milwaukee baseball team has ever worn, in my opinion:

vina40798.jpg

They were nice....could you post the logo that would have made them perfect (I can't find it anywhere)?

This one?

BBMhome.jpg

:D

You suck :P

(All though it is better then the logo they did use with those uniforms)

vina40798.jpg

The Packers unies aren't getting any help from Brett Favre and the pass-dropping crew up in Green Bay.

Nah, if the 1970s and 1980s couldn't damage the Packers uniforms, a couple bad years now can't harm them at all. :D

Trust me, as maybe the only Packer fan who wishes Ron Wolf had pulled the trigger on his 1994 change, the classic Lombardi uniforms are here to stay regardless of how the team plays.

Well at least one good thing came from the Brew Crew ditching those unis... you can find authentics from that era on eBay for dirt cheap.

As far as the Packers... part of me wishes Wolf would've pulled the trigger too, but that would've made the Packers the only major league team with the most championships in their sport that didn't still wear their first color-tv era unis. If the Packers ever do change, I'd want it to be after another team overtook them for the most titles. But given the structure of the current NFL (salary caps and free agency), I doubt that'll ever happen.

Then again, I never through Paul Hornung's record would be broken either...

brew.png

sanders_barry.jpg

bsandrs.jpg

You can end the discussion right there. I guess the blue pants could be thrown in (but I was never a fan of the blue pants)

Their current unis could fall under "ruined by bad play" but they would first have to met the "good unis" part first, especially those black ones.

Boys_Body_0421.jpg

Just let them die...

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Addressing someone from the thread's first page--I don't think the original Timberwolves logo is outdated at all. I still prefer it to the current one. It's clean and classy and would still work today.

If you ask me, the current one looks outdated, with it's half-rendered snarling dog and tree motif.

The original T-Wolves logo was head and shoulders above the current. And don't even get me started on their crappy wordmark.

Addressing someone from the thread's first page--I don't think the original Timberwolves logo is outdated at all. I still prefer it to the current one. It's clean and classy and would still work today.

If you ask me, the current one looks outdated, with it's half-rendered snarling dog and tree motif.

The original T-Wolves logo was head and shoulders above the current. And don't even get me started on their crappy wordmark.

Ugh. That wordmark blows. IMO they really blew it by not keeping the original logo and just tweaking the unis a tiny bit to bring them more up to date. "Timeless" might be too strong a word, but that original logo was something approaching it.

And so I don't have to double post; the Mavericks' green and blue, or even the old green and white were great looks that didn't have to go. The old "M hat" logo was my favorite of that time, so much so that I didn't mind getting ribbed for wearing a Mavs hat to school in those days. If they could've simply updated that dreadful wordmark, they'd still be damn sharp looking. I might be in the minority, but I'm underwhelmed by the current identity.

949520phil20rd20lindrosig4.jpg

949520phil20rd20lindroses1.jpg

If you ask me, I think they started to eliminate that uniform after Niinimaa got embarrassed by Darren McCarty.

I loved these jerseys as well, but they did not get ruined by bad play as the topic suggests, disappointing and frustrating yes, but not bad.

Also, I agree with Milo Meningocele on the old Mavs look and the old logo. I was going to mention it before, but didn't. This is a great topic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

rider_295_ADB20.jpg

hawks.jpg

The Hawks not the Pistons.

tampa2.jpg

The HAWKS actually had some good years in these duds. They made the playoffs all 4 years and to the 2nd round 3 of the 4. Not championship play but not bad either. They haven't sniffed the playoffs since switching to the new gear...

never understood, if your not going to wear them, then dont sell em..

they do wear them but only when theres snow in denver when they play

if you want a "sell only jersy" i think there are some rams gold jersys floating out there some where

No, they never had any intention of wearing them this season. I'd much prefer the orange, but since the Super Bowls came in blue... I imagine the Broncos will stay blue.

While I wouldn't put the Broncos uniforms in this category (some might), I think a whole 'nother issue is terrible uniforms we're stuck with because of good play.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Pittsburgh hockey Penguins changed colors to the gold and black in 1980 to match the "culture of champions" that had spawned the Pirates and Steelers. Took them a while to win, though. I wish they'd go back to the ice blue. Maybe when they move to Hamilton.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

A pretty recent example...

132_317170_obrien_052306107.JPG

2137556489.jpg

I really liked these. It's a shame they are linked with disappointment.

Well we do have a couple of years to change that around.

Sort of. The most memorable moment for those kits will be the World Cup, and that stunk. Even if they win a Gold Cup it won't redeem those kits. Few remember the GC like the WC.

LcentersAz.jpg

200,000 bonus points for Rich Kotite.

It's amazing how people want the old unis back, when they bitched so much about them when they in circulation. The Bucs jerseys to me were great, but everyone bitched about those. And anyone who thinks those Cavs jerseys of the mid 90's were great must be insane. If anything thing the Cavs orange unis with CAVS in caps and the rounded numbers were classics along with the burgandy and wine of the mid to late 70's.

Archived