The new 2007 Batting Practice Jerseys

BadSeed84

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say somewhere between $70 and $90, like the last few years.

I was just hoping maybe they'd be cheaper for some reason, but I guess that's actually a pretty unreasonable thought.

I can't very well afford to buy an authentic home or road jersey (plus I'd prefer a jersey of color), so I've always thought about getting a BP jersey. But I'm not a real big fan of spending that type of money on this style of jersey. Maybe I'll get an old one if they get discounted.

I'd say somewhere between $70 and $90, like the last few years.

I was just hoping maybe they'd be cheaper for some reason, but I guess that's actually a pretty unreasonable thought.

I can't very well afford to buy an authentic home or road jersey (plus I'd prefer a jersey of color), so I've always thought about getting a BP jersey. But I'm not a real big fan of spending that type of money on this style of jersey. Maybe I'll get an old one if they get discounted.

Check here: http://www.minorleagues.com

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the White Sox ones are cool. Better than the ultimate plainness the old ones had.

I would like to see the White Sox use the 1987-90 home scripts for their bp's.

That isn't a bad idea. I never liked the Sox BP jerseys - same as the black alts, minus the names and piping. That would distinguish them a little.

One other thing I noticed - from that illustration, all but one team uses their correct game font on the BP jerseys. That team would be the Chicago White Sox. Has anyone seen them? Can you confirm if this is the correct font for the BP jerseys? If so, does it means that the Sox arbitrarily chose a bold, Yankee-like font different from their normal game font (MLB block), or are they switching their game jerseys to have this new font. Is this pic a mistake?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

MLB's store and the other internet sports places seem to all be backordered on the hats (which we all know have changed). They usually say "backordered, leaves warehouse in 2-4 weeks". Think that's the timetable for all this new stuff to become available?

I'm also hoping for a 2007 version of the Giants jersey with the all-star patch to become available. The Pirates authentics I saw last year all had it, and none of the patches for sale that I've seen can be sewn on to a jersey.

1zgyd8w.jpg

MLB's store and the other internet sports places seem to all be backordered on the hats (which we all know have changed). They usually say "backordered, leaves warehouse in 2-4 weeks". Think that's the timetable for all this new stuff to become available?

I'm also hoping for a 2007 version of the Giants jersey with the all-star patch to become available. The Pirates authentics I saw last year all had it, and none of the patches for sale that I've seen can be sewn on to a jersey.

You mean the official National Emblem patches? They can be sewn on a jersey. The trick is (and I know someone who does this for a living, so I saw him do it) to remove the hard plastic backing the company puts on the patch. It takes some effort to peel off, but once you do that, you have a sew-on-able patch. National Emblem gives the patches to the MLB teams sans backing. The backing is added to discourage the normal citizenry from adding it to jerseys. In fact, there is some sort of notice on the back of the patch to that effect.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

You mean the official National Emblem patches? They can be sewn on a jersey. The trick is (and I know someone who does this for a living, so I saw him do it) to remove the hard plastic backing the company puts on the patch. It takes some effort to peel off, but once you do that, you have a sew-on-able patch.

Is there any place on the internet that explains how to do this? (I have the Pirates patch and I know how hard it is.) I didn't have any luck on google.

1zgyd8w.jpg

You mean the official National Emblem patches? They can be sewn on a jersey. The trick is (and I know someone who does this for a living, so I saw him do it) to remove the hard plastic backing the company puts on the patch. It takes some effort to peel off, but once you do that, you have a sew-on-able patch.

Is there any place on the internet that explains how to do this? (I have the Pirates patch and I know how hard it is.) I didn't have any luck on google.

Not that I know of. I just stood there while he did it. He bent the patch back and forth to loosen the backing and then peeled it. The one he did it on (it was an 90's style Padres sleeve patch) peeled off rather easily after a couple of minutes. I later tried this on my own with a Mets sleeve patch and it took me forever. I ended up slightly deforming the patch, but once it was sewn on and washed once it was OK.

They "can" be sewn on with the backings but it's a pain. I did that once myself too. If you're willing to risk a $9-$15 patch, I would recommend trying it once.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm glad to see the side panels on the Cardinals jersey were switched to navy. The original ones that were out had grey side panels which looked stupid since the Cardinals have no grey in their identity (other than road unis)

I think the White Sox ones are cool. Better than the ultimate plainness the old ones had.

I would like to see the White Sox use the 1987-90 home scripts for their bp's.

That isn't a bad idea. I never liked the Sox BP jerseys - same as the black alts, minus the names and piping. That would distinguish them a little.

I agree. That was a good identity, even if it was just navy and red. I kind of wish they stuck with that.

Archived