Photoshop Elements problem

mjrbaseball

Hello.

In my graphics work, I use both Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop Elements (unfortunately, I don't have the full Photoshop). Recently at the theater I volunteer at, they got me a new computer. I re-installed the two programs, but there is a problem with Elements. Anytime I go to Elements when there is an incompatible file saved to the Clipboard, Elements shuts down. For example, If I've recently copied an .ai file from Illustrator, and I go to use Elements, Elements instantly shuts down. (This happens even if Elements is already running and just minimized. As soon as I maximize it, off it goes.) It's not when I try to paste such a file; it doesn't even give me that chance if I wanted to. If I've copied a compatible file (such as a .jpg or .gif) to the Clipboard, Elements opens just fine. Is there some setting on Elements that I have wrong, or is the new hardware doing something? (By the way, the same programs work fine on my home computer. Windows XP is running on both.) Thank you.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be something wrong somewhere. I use Illustrator and Photoshop CS on my Mac. I've done hundreds of projects and only recently have I started to have problems myself.

When I drag a illustrator logo into a Photoshop document it often causes photoshop to crash. The logo will appear in photoshop, ready to be placed and resized, but when I try to move the logo - crash!

Not sure it's the same problem you are having, but sounds similar in nature.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived